What are my Mobile Data Options in the UK?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
HELP: Mobile Data Options in the UK

I am traveling to the UK (Scotland), where I will remain for 5 months. I currently used a iPhone locked to my carrier here in Mexico. I am still on contract and they will not unlock it until said contract is up. SO what are my options in the UK? I need access primarily to data, for my email, WhatsApp, VOIP and most importantly Maps (being in a strange country and all).

1, Can I get this phone unlocked without my carriers consent? How easy is that to do with an iPhone.
2. Are there good MiFi devices / data plans available to foreigner (pay as you go)?

Please help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: HELP: Mobile Data Options in the UK

3rd party unlocks are possible in theory... but legit services vs fraud are a crapshoot...

An option to consider is see if your current provider has any roaming agreements with providers in Scotland and if they have any plans that would be affordable... Otherwise... I'd look into an iPhone from a 3rd party seller that's unlocked, and go prepaid once in Scotland.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: HELP: Mobile Data Options in the UK

My provider doesn?t have any mobile agreements with carriers in the UK so roaming is quite costly. I also wouldn?t want to buy another phone. What about MiFi options? Are there any unlocked (so i can use it elsewhere in the future) options? Are they any good?