I have been told that my kids "didn't get my text" becasue they were out of data.
Kids have Apple 5 and the 6. They all use Apple's iMessage which I have confirmed uses data to sent texts. I have an Android. Often they can't receive or send me messges because they are out of data. They tell me their imessage is the only way to send texts. I think this is insane that an Apple product can't always send an SMS text to an android phone. What gives?
- 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM #2iMore Genius
- 20,845 Posts
Re: I have been told that my kids "didn't get my text" becasue they were out of data.
iMessage only uses carrier data when wifi is not available... and since you have android, text from them to you wouldn't use iMessage anyway - it would use standard carrier based SMS messaging - and that is independent of any data plan caps.
Why can't I send regular text messages on my iPhone 6 or 6 Plus? | iMore
You kids may be trying to "BS" you.
- By cornettbr in forum Health and FitnessReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2015, 03:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2015, 10:02 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-19-2015, 09:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2015, 09:48 AM