- iMore Newbie
- 47 Posts
Transferring to a new phone
I am planning on swapping my 5c for an iPhone 6. If I back up my iPhone 5C to itunes on my PC (which I have never done before) and then do whatever it is you have to do to the new phone to get all your stuff switched over. Will it transfer the notes that I have in Simple Note?
I know it will save the notes in Note, which is an Apple app. I have iCloud set to back up Note. However, I save more notes in Simple Note because the Apple app is ridiculous because it doesn't save notes alphabetically so it's almost impossible to find a note again! I suppose this is not the place to wonder who on earth would think it a good idea to save notes in the order they were created rather than alphabetically so you can find them again!!!
Anyway, I appreciate any info. Otherwise I will copy the notes from Simple Note onto a piece of paper just in case, because I need them!
- 03-02-2015, 04:42 PM #2
Re: Transferring to a new phone
The notes in SimpleNote should be in the miscellaneous app data that is backed up when you connect to iTunes... hopefully, the developer can verify that for you...
The process of switching phones will be a breeze... connect to the PC using iTunes... sync and back up the old phone... connect the new phone... restore the back up, then sync the new phone and everything on the new one should be as it was on the old one.
- By jlh73 in forum iOS 8Replies: 6Last Post: 06-23-2015, 07:49 AM
- By Closingracer in forum SprintReplies: 21Last Post: 04-12-2015, 09:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2015, 03:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2015, 12:40 PM