iPhone 5 charging issue

timjobs

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 5 is draining if I ever use it when charged, and caps out charging at 98%. Anybody know why and how. I just restored my phone to a new iPhone 2 weeks ago and don't use my phone heavily.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try this... Use the phone until it shuts itself off due to low power... Then plug in and let it charge undisturbed for a few hours... See what it does.

spotja

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5 is draining if I ever use it when charged, and caps out charging at 98%. Anybody know why and how. I just restored my phone to a new iPhone 2 weeks ago and don't use my phone heavily.

How about this:; your phone's battery need replacing as its old

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The battery in my iP 5 is waning. I run into all kinds problems. Using the camera runs it down really fast. I can go from 22% to black screen instantly. I'm trying to make it last until September when I upgrade. I may keep my 5 as a back up. So I'll probably get a new battery anyhow.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

timjobs

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I think my iPhone 5 is starting to take it right in the battery. Today my iPhone said no Sim in the status bar, so I reset and tried a different ,activated, clean sim and it wouldn't work. I called apple care and I guess I have apple care until the 12th and they'll replace it. So my battery problem got fixed😂😂. I'm thinking about getting a battery case.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think my iPhone 5 is starting to take it right in the battery. Today my iPhone said no Sim in the status bar, so I reset and tried a different ,activated, clean sim and it wouldn't work. I called apple care and I guess I have apple care until the 12th and they'll replace it. So my battery problem got fixed. I'm thinking about getting a battery case.

More than anything I think, using the camera on cellular data drops my battery charge the fastest. That includes FaceTime.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR