Looking to jump to iOS from android

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm looking to jump over, and make the change. My galaxy s4 was recently stolen, ($500 down the toilet), and I don't have allot of pocket change for a higher end phone. I want to use iOS, and the best option is looking like a iPhone 5 for $200 from swappa, with the 5s costing around $100 more. If I get the 5, will it last me into mid 2016? I'd rather go the cheaper route if possible. Thanks

Posted via the iMore App for Android

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iOS ecosystem, or at least thinking about it :yes:
Firstly: How much have you (in)vested in the Android world (apps, etc.)?
Secondly, iP5 running the latest iOS is a nice phone ($200 for how many gigs?), and it should be just fine for the near future.
Thirdly, welcome to iMore!
Good luck.

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what your definition of invested is, but i understand that Google drive, gmail, are on ios so that's good. I don't have lots of music or movies on it either. I'd be looking at a 16gb iPhone 5 for $200. More or less..

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what your definition of invested is, but i understand that Google drive, gmail, are on ios so that's good. I don't have lots of music or movies on it either. I'd be looking at a 16gb iPhone 5 for $200. More or less..
Well, if you have tons of apps... Still, you are not losing the apps, just keeping them "frozen." Personally I think $200 is a bit steep for 16GB; do a quick check on eBay and you'd find that ~$200 is more suitable for the 64GB (certainly for 32GB). But whatever you do I'm sure you're gonna love the Apple ecosystem :)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm looking to jump over, and make the change. My galaxy s4 was recently stolen, ($500 down the toilet), and I don't have allot of pocket change for a higher end phone. I want to use iOS, and the best option is looking like a iPhone 5 for $200 from swappa, with the 5s costing around $100 more. If I get the 5, will it last me into mid 2016? I'd rather go the cheaper route if possible. Thanks

How mch storage are you gettting for that $200 iPhone 5? Unless it's a 64GB or larger, that's too much money, for that much you can get an 16GB iPhone 6.

Another question: Are you looking to an iPhone because you want one, or because you think it's cheaper?

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a gently used 5 for $200 (edit: off contract). For reasons stated above, my funds that can go towards a cell phone are tight, and the ip5 seems to fit the bill. I also want to try iOS instead of android.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2