Can I use a Verizon iPhone 5 (blacklisted) as an iTouch?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently own an iPhone 6 Plus on T-Mobile. Ok so I went to do some work with my dad earlier this month and saw an iPhone 5 on the side of the road it had major screen damage, the screen was not working so when I got home I decided to remove it. I also took out the SIM card its a Verizon iPhone. I checked the IMEI provided at the back of the iPhone and it was blacklisted and reported as lost or stolen. So today I went to repair the screen but I'm having doubts that the phone might actually work. I just want to know if I can
Use the phone as an iTouch? Can I activate the iPhone which a fresh restore? What should I do?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon variant of the iPhone5 is sim unlocked so it could be used on any GSM service provider... Or, put it in Airplane Mode, turn on wifi, and use as an iPod once the screen is repaired...

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
If you own an iPhone 6+, why would you want to use a shattered, broken, blacklisted, iPhone 5???

Sure I love my iPhone 6+ and it kind of sounds stupid of me to use an iPhone 5 but I really like the one handed operation and plus I can store all my apps and music on the iPhone 5 I only got 16GB on my 6+ :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative