I need to unlock my iPhone 5
I recently got a new iPhone but I want to give my mother my old iPhone 5. It's on Verizon. I called them and they don't unlock phones or at least that's what the customer service told me. Does anyone know how to unlock it? I don't have a problem paying for this service but if I can do it for free even better.
Thanks for the help.
- 11-26-2014, 11:22 AM #2
Re: I need to unlock my iPhone 5
The Verizon iPhone5's GSM capabilities are already unlocked, and can be used on any US or international GSM carrier - some limitations on US GSM carriers apply as the Verizon iPhone5 does not have all of the US carrier's 4G radio bands... as for the legacy CDMA parts of the Verizon iPhone5, those are fixed to Verizon, and can not be "unlocked".
- By sneak3 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 5Last Post: 11-29-2014, 12:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2014, 11:38 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2014, 11:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2014, 10:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM