- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Any suggestions on preventing the iPhone 5 volume from increasing randomly?
i just upgraded to iOS 8.1 (yes i'm late) and now my ringer/music volume goes up at the loudest just randomly. it's done something similar in the past but it would go away after a day or two. i'm 80% sure it's not a volume button jam because if i go into pictures, it won't take a gazillion of them. the volume notification is also stuck on the screen. i've also turned the phone on/off multiple times as that usually fixes it. any suggestions?
- 10-25-2014, 02:42 PM #2
- 38,501 Posts
re: Any suggestions on preventing the iPhone 5 volume from increasing randomly?
You can try the following to see if one of them might help.
1. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings" just in case a rogue setting is the cause.
2. You can go to Settings - Music - Volume Limit and then set it accordingly to see if that helps.
3. As a last resort, you can restore your device and set it up as new instead of from a backup.
4. Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you.
- By Varun Bhanot in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2015, 07:49 AM
- By LeDave in forum iPhone 6Replies: 12Last Post: 10-31-2014, 09:45 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2014, 03:53 PM
- By rodeTrip in forum iPhone 6Replies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2014, 03:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2014, 02:27 PM