Problem with 3rd party keyboards

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope I'm not the only one having the following problem with my 3rd part keyboards on my iPhone 5. I can't get any of them (Swiftkey, Swype, or Flesky) to work in the standard message app. Keyboard shows up but is unusable I have to delete the keyboard and go back to the standard one. Any suggestions for this??
Thanks
Bob

LandRovers

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
You have to make sure that the keyboard is allowed "Full Access". It can be found in settings>general>keybords> *tap, say Swype* > Allow full access.
However, this is SOP. Your problem might be something else.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with SwiftKey either freezing, or vanishing. Deleting the messages app in the background (app switcher), fixes it for awhile. Hopefully iOS 8.1 will fix it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I've already have it set up that way.
You have to make sure that the keyboard is allowed "Full Access". It can be found in settings>general>keybords> *tap, say Swype* > Allow full access.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty much the same problem I'm having, doesn't matter what keyboard I am using except the standard one.
I have a problem with SwiftKey either freezing, or vanishing. Deleting the messages app in the background (app switcher), fixes it for awhile. Hopefully iOS 8.1 will fix it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty much the same problem I'm having, doesn't matter what keyboard I am using except the standard one.
I've been told it's an iOS 8 issue, and not the 3rd party keyboards. Some are having the same problem with the stock keyboard.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Had a feeling that was the problem, they sure seem to be having a lot of problems lately with their software, hope they get it fixed soon.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I hope I'm not the only one having the following problem with my 3rd part keyboards on my iPhone 5. I can't get any of them (Swiftkey, Swype, or Flesky) to work in the standard message app. Keyboard shows up but is unusable I have to delete the keyboard and go back to the standard one. Any suggestions for this??
Thanks
Bob

I have the same problems and have to do exactly what you did. I found two keyboards that I really like but I have the same problem as you.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes there is no option. Like on "Simple Keyboard" there is not any full access option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73