VoLTE on iPhone 5?

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Will the iPhone 5 be able to use Verizon VoLTE when available? I think this will be a sw push to the iPhones via IOS8.

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I seem to recall hearing that the iPhone5 was VoLTE capable... Was just waiting for carrier support and it would be enabled via an iOS update...

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it won't. It will be like Verizon's Multimedia Messaging... Even though it uses data, it doesn't count against a data plan cap. They'll be able to know what is VoLTE and what isn't.

Correct. The only thing that will count toward the data cap will be VoLTE video calls.

Keep in mind VoLTE is in early stages, so to be able to use it both sender/receiver must have VoLTE enabled with VoLTE capable devices.

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I was asking cause I have an early upgrade available and deciding if I want to get the iPhone 5S or just stay with the iPhone 5. I know with the VoLTE, iPhones will be able to talk and surf at the same time. So I want to make sure my current iPhone 5 will support this or if I need to upgrade. Not interested in the iPhone 6/6+.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner