How much longer do y'all plan on keeping the iPhone 5?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How much longerHow much longer do y'all plan on keeping the iPhone 5?

How much longer do y'all plan on keeping the iPhone 5

Why? I mean, does it really matter how long someone decides to keep their iPhone 5? I plan on keeping my even after I've gotten the next iPhone, but I will probably give it to my youngest son since he is the only person in the family without a smartphone and he's been hinting of wanting mine.

stuhFAN

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site

I'll probably keep mine for many more years, maybe even beyond when Apple stops supporting it. I'll be sporting a newer iPhone by that time but my 5 has worked so good, i can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. I'll upgrade the wife's 4S or pass it down to my daughter as a wifi-only device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Is there a reason you need to know this? Maybe we can help, if you have concerns. I've had my 5 a year now. I will upgrade to the 6 in February and keep my 5 for a back up. I may even jailbreak it and use it wifi only. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just seeing if anyone was still happy with the 5 just kind of a poll 😀 I've become a huge apple fan the last 2 years

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was just seeing if anyone was still happy with the 5 just kind of a poll I've become a huge apple fan the last 2 years
Oh. I thought maybe you had an issue. I've liked mine as well. I'd just like to have a larger screen. No problems with my 5 in the one year I've had it.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with mine. I do slightly covet the i5s with the fingerprint scanner but am looking forward to iOS 8 and will look into the new i6 when it's released.

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh. I thought maybe you had an issue. I've liked mine as well. I'd just like to have a larger screen. No problems with my 5 in the one year I've had it.

I'm thinking about 5c which is basically 5c. I'm kinda thinking about 5s too i don't really no

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Assuming I can afford it (always a question for me), I'm planning on upgrading from my 5 in February or March - if the 6 is truly a larger screen device. The question of affordability is because I want one of at least 32GB storage. 16GB no longer cuts it for me.

SUPERDOMEcq

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I went from 3s to 5 and unless anything happens I think I will hold out for 7. My suggestion to friends is to buy the most storage and the fastest processor available; then you can really last through a few upgrade cycles.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If I had it I'd definitely be upgrading this year to the 6. While it's still a great device, it will be the low tier device out of the iPhones.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Milking it til Jan or Feb, let them work the bugs out iPhone 6 and iOS 8 by then should be able to walk in and out store with phone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kazza295

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I want to get an iphone 6 as soon as possible but I'm gonna keep my iphone 5 around as it has a few old apps on it which no longer exist or have newer updates on them which I don't want such as tuaw, soundcloud and movietube. I also won't update it past 7.0.6 in case I lose access to any of these apps if something goes wrong and I have to restore.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I guess it will be a while since I changed plans with my carrier and no longer qualify for a subdaized price on the phone and will have to pay full price. Either cash up front or by the month doesn't really matter when there are 4 of you in the family and everyone wants a new phone at once. $25 a month times 4 = $100 a month just for dang phones

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone's been good to me for the past almost 2 years. But I'm definitely planning on getting the 6 asap. Maybe it's because I'm beta testing iOS8, but the phone has been showing its age lately and has been a bit slow

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm aiming to replace my 5 with the next model, probably a little later in the year (unless I come into a bonus or win a contest). I am debating going for a 64GB device instead of my standard 32GB. If it has a larger screen, I can see using it for movies or TV shows instead of the iPad, when in an airport, waiting in the car, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen