iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1 sync issues with iTunes 11.2.2

Haraesh Jayalingam

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So this is my first post in imore. Recently my iPhone is not syncing with iTunes on my desktop and laptop. It doesn't seem like a common sync issue. Whenever I connect my iPhone to itunes I only get a grayed out iPhone tab with a spinner on the top right corner as in the image.Capture.PNG
On my laptop it shows as connected but when I click on it, itunes freezes and once I remove my iPhone from the USB port it functions as usual. A third party app such as itools cannot connect with my iPhone as well and it shows up as only connecting in the sidebar. WiFi sync is enabled and its the same with that too.

I was on 7.0.6 and had this issue there as well and it was very recent. So I was forced to restore to iOS 7.1.1 to get this issue fixed. Which it did until today though. I have tried re installing itunes and the drivers for the iPhone through device manager and nothing seems to have worked out so far. A restore may fix it but I am a jailbreaker and I am not ready to lose it by getting to iOS 7.1.2. So is there any solution to my problem? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Haraesh Jayalingam

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Sure. Actually the problem was caused when I ran a set of codes in mobile terminal to fix the issue with siri (open command not working and it says application not found) after jailbreak. The code I used is as follows

#!/bin/bash
chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-056.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
do
sleep 1
done
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-056.csstore ];
do
sleep 1
done
sleep 10
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
sync
reboot;

but the problem was with this part "com.apple.LaunchServices-056.csstore". 056 is supposed to be for the latest version and I was using this code from iOS 6.1.2 (originally was com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore in iOS 6.1.2). So terminal couldn't find that file and it kinda messed up the iTunes sync part with apps section. So the fix was to use the code i have mentioned above. And anyone having problem with siri not opening installed apps could use this code to fix it using mobile terminal

TaraLynn7

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I am having trouble with a new iPhone5S, not playing the default ringtone assigned to contacts. Anyone else? I've only had this phone less than 2 months.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2