iPhone 5 durability after nearly 2 yrs

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

We often talk about the durability of iPhones . I have started this thread with an intention of seeing how actually iPhone bear day to day handling.

Post photos of your iPhone 5(in particular) even if you had this baby in case from Day 1.

I got my iPhone 5 15 months back. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402972220.420296.jpg ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402972111.793258.jpg ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402972180.832094.jpg ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402972719.437686.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1402972793.420805.jpg

I had mine in case most of the time. Currently, no case.

Sent from my iPad mini using iMore Forums

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My white iPhone 5 actually hit concrete last week and got the edges chipped of, and a little scratch on the screen

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My white iPhone 5 is 16 months old. I have dropped it three times on hard surfaces but with a case on. There are a couple of minor scratches on the metal bezel but otherwise looks brand new.

Wish I was brave enough to use it without a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My white iPhone 5 is 16 months old. I have dropped it three times on hard surfaces but with a case on. There are a couple of minor scratches on the metal bezel but otherwise looks brand new.

Wish I was brave enough to use it without a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, it hurts. Currently, I am being brave enough to carry my phone without a case else I keep it in Apple leather case/Casemate Brushed Aluminium case.

But very soon, it will go back in the case again once I am done with the phase of enjoying the actual feel of iPhone! lol ;)

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Both my parents kept their iPhones without a case, and they have held up pretty well. My mom only dropped hers once so far, and that was when she missed the last step of the stairs. She was fine. The iPhone only got a little dent in the edge

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my iP5 for 10 months. It's been in an Otterbox Defender (the kind that covers the home button) the entire time, except for twice when I removed the case to clean out dust and debris. It still looks brand new. Still works great. Have had no issues at all. I'll most likely keep it when I get the 6 in February.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iMore Forums.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I 've had my i5 for a little over a year and I use it without a case. It has so many dents and scratches that I don't care as much anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Both my parents kept their iPhones without a case, and they have held up pretty well. My mom only dropped hers once so far, and that was when she missed the last step of the stairs. She was fine. The iPhone only got a little dent in the edge

Good to hear that only phone got a dent and your mum was fine!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I 've had my i5 for a little over a year and I use it without a case. It has so many dents and scratches that I don't care as much anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Dents give character to a phone it seems. As long as the phone is working fine it should be good.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your iPhone looks similar to mine. I have a few war wounds (mostly scrapes around the edges), and I NEVER have it is a case or any other protective covering so I'd say that its durability is solid...:)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Your iPhone looks similar to mine. I have a few war wounds (mostly scrapes around the edges), and I NEVER have it is a case or any other protective covering so I'd say that its durability is solid...:)

I am jealous. Wish I wasn't so paranoid about dropping it. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am jealous. Wish I wasn't so paranoid about dropping it. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've dropped mine several times, but thankfully, it was on my lap as I was getting out of my car. Other than that, I'm usually very careful about not dropping it. I also don't think about it...:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2