White screen of death? What does it mean?

marcellen76

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
5yhejazu.jpg

[NAND] _FindFlashMediaAndKeepout:601 physical nand block offset 1
[NAND] start:356 this 0x9e0d3400 PROVIDER=0x9cb74c00 flashMedia=0x9cb74c00
[NAND] WMR_Start:149 Apple PPN NAND Driver, Read/Write
[NAND] WMR_Start:174 FIL_Init [OK]
[NAND] WMR_Open:371 VFL_Open [OK]
[NAND] s_cxt_boot:88 sftl:error, unclean shutdown; adopted 18951 spans
[NAND] WMR_Open:420 FTL_Open [OK]
[NAND] _publishServices:642 FTL capabilites: 0x00000001
[NAND] _ppnvflGetStruct:3469 Checking borrowed blocks - count: 25 max_count: 25
[NAND] _fetchBorrowedList:881 number of borrowed blocks: 18

Anybody knows what can be the reason for this screen? What can be done?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Was the device dropped? You can get a WSoD from a drop, or sometimes they just happen especially on OS7. Did you try a hard reboot? That is press and hold both the power and the home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

marcellen76

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought over ebay, ,and discovered that the logicboard was changed...
The hard reboot didnt change things.
Is that an hardware problem?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can try this:

Press and hold the home button, then the up-volume button, then the sleep/power button (so all three buttons are now pressed and held) --- it takes a while, but the white screen will go away and then after another 10 seconds or so (still holding btw!) the apple logo will come up, release the buttons and then wait, it'll boot normally again in a minute or two.
This has worked on other iPhones that show the White Screen of Death.
If it doesn't work, I don't know. Let us know. I'll keep looking for a fix.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, Resetting the factory settings may work, reconnecting the LCD cables to the screen display, or sending the device in for repair if none of the previous options works. I don't know how you could reset it to factory settings. Put it in DFU mode while connected to a computer? It would cost too much to have Apple fix it. There may be nothing you can do, but buy a new phone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

marcellen76

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
The display works fine, from time to time it starts correctly and i can activate the phone correctly.

I tried DFU, but I get the error 4013 in iTunes during the restore.
Then it switches to recovery mode.

Any more ideas? Or I'll bring it to Genius bar..

Is there any deeper way to completely wipe phone's firmware, to make sure there is absolute no software issue?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Could be the cable was damaged during the original fall, or during the repair, certainly WELL worth trying to replace as I'm sure it's a fairly inexpensive part. :)

HariP

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello... i have the same issue... i thought my phone would have got in contact with water/ moisture and hence this issue came up... but looks like it is coz the phone was dropped... I tried holding the Power button and the home button... it used to show the same screen again.. but now after seeing the post suggesting to hold volume/ power and home i see a different screen now... it is asking me to connect to iTunes... here is the pic... please see and let me know if there is any hope of my phone to get back to normal...iphone display issue.jpg

nosmirc

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I had the same problem and read something that draining the battery could help. I drained the battery and tried several times to restore and update. After 5 or more times did helped and the iphone 5 works again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal