I am having problems with my iPhone connecting to the internet on the cell network.

kevdogg3291

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems with my iPhone connecting to the internet on the cell network. My wife's Lumia has no issues in the same area. Is there something wrong with the iPhone?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems with my iPhone connecting to the internet on the cell network. My wife's Lumia has no issues in the same area. Is there something wrong with the iPhone?

No problems with data connections on the iPhone

Go into your Settings>Cellular and make sure your cellular data and LTE is toggled on

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

Are you unable to get any data over cellular, or is it intermittent? Are you able to access data on wifi? Has it ever worked? Any changes between when it worked and when it broke?

If you have not done so already, go to Settings \ Cellular and make sure that "Cellular Data" is enabled. Also, you may wan to toggle Enable LTE off/on, and maybe reboot the phone too.

Double ROT13 encrypted for your protection

kevdogg3291

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
No problems with data connections on the iPhone

Go into your Settings>Cellular and make sure your cellular data and LTE is toggled on

I have tried both ways with LTE off and on. Data actually is a hair more reliable when LTE is off.

Are you unable to get any data over cellular, or is it intermittent? Are you able to access data on wifi? Has it ever worked? Any changes between when it worked and when it broke?

If you have not done so already, go to Settings \ Cellular and make sure that "Cellular Data" is enabled. Also, you may wan to toggle Enable LTE off/on, and maybe reboot the phone too.

Double ROT13 encrypted for your protection

I have had great data in the past. Cellular Data is enabled in settings. I rebooted the phone, reset network settings and tried everything I know to try to resolve this issue. I even called ATT and got their assistance with troubleshooting. Their suggestion was the phone was bad.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If the above solutions don't work, you could try resetting network settings or a restore or your iPhone using iTunes

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have tried both ways with LTE off and on. Data actually is a hair more reliable when LTE is off.

I have had great data in the past. Cellular Data is enabled in settings. I rebooted the phone, reset network settings and tried everything I know to try to resolve this issue. I even called ATT and got their assistance with troubleshooting. Their suggestion was the phone was bad.

Seems like you tried most of the suggestions to no avail. An Apple Store visit might give you more Insight into the problem

kevdogg3291

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems like you tried most of the suggestions to no avail. An Apple Store visit might give you more Insight into the problem

closest one is 2-3 hrs from me. I am going to let the phone sit unused for a couple of days then give it another try. Have a backup phone I can use :eek:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing left to do, in my opinion, is erase all contents and settings and restore your device as new. If you choose this router, please make a backup first and/or off-load your photos, music, videos, data, etc., to a computer or a cloud or external storage site. If this does not help then definitely take it in the an Apple Store to have them check it out or exchange it.

kevdogg3291

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing left to do, in my opinion, is erase all contents and settings and restore your device as new. If you choose this router, please make a backup first and/or off-load your photos, music, videos, data, etc., to a computer or a cloud or external storage site. If this does not help then definitely take it in the an Apple Store to have them check it out or exchange it.

Phone is out of warranty. Would probably cost $$$ to have them look at it.

kwerner6

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. It just started. On my Iphone 5 I can access the internet (sometimes) but when I do, the screen stays for 5 seconds and then goes back to home screen and disconnects the internet

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR