- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
I tried to update my phone to IOS7 yesterday, but something went wrong in the process, and now the phone is sitting in recovery mode (picture of iTunes logo and usb).
Before I updated the phone, i backed it up using iTunes.
I think there is something wrong with the USB ports on the laptop now, as when i plug in any usb device, it's not getting picked up (this includes my iPhone).
The backup is here: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Is it possible to restore my iPhone using another laptop with iTunes on it? Could I copy the backup from the old computer, and put the files onto a new computer, and get itunes to restore it?
Could i copy that file, transfer it over to the other computer, save it in the correct location where iTunes saves backups and restore my phone?
- 05-18-2014, 09:27 AM #2
Re: iPhone backup
You need to make sure the iTunes on the other computer is logged in using the AppleID your phone is connected to... there are instructions on Apple's support web site for how to move an iTunes library to another computer - do that, and you should be able to restore the phone from the other computer.
- By Wal Fetoshi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 05-20-2014, 07:43 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2014, 07:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2014, 05:10 AM
- By Dezignhd in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-17-2014, 10:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2014, 09:22 PM