My iPhone 5 stops charging along the way

Abdl

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Just recently i noticed that whenever i plug in my phone to the wall outlet it will start charging then after few minutes it will stop charging and whenever that happens i will always have to unplug and replug before it can continue charging. It stops like 4 times in a row while charging before i can get the battery to fill up. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abdl

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No i have not tried any other cable as i have only one. I thought if restoring but iv got waaay lot on my phone including my JB that i dont wanna lose. :(

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Eliminate the obvious first try a different outlet

Then try a different cord they go bad quicker than the phone will

If those don't work make sure you don't have any lint built up in the charging port and if that's OK then follow above advice and backup your device and restore thru iTunes

Lastly all else fails a trip to the Apple Store is needed

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
No i have not tried any other cable as i have only one. I thought if restoring but iv got waaay lot on my phone including my JB that i dont wanna lose. :(

You can bring the cord into an Apple Store and they will replace it for free

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Abdl

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all. I have tried a different outlet already. The phone is exactly a month old today,that makes me wonder what could possibly go wrong with the cord :(

Abdl

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay seems like iv figured it out. Its strange though but here is what happened: I installed this tweak called 'Classic Switcher' for some days now,even if i quit all apps via this tweak they will quit,literally,but not actually. So i disabled the tweak and saw that all the apps that iv opened since the day i installed it are still running(about 83 of them),i quit all of them and voila! Problem solved!

Question: So does leaving lots of apps running causes issues to phone? Coz apart from the charging thingy my screen randomly kept flashing,as if iv taken a screenshot...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2