Iphone 5 sudden lost of signal

Euan Tan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello first time posting here, so I have no idea where to post... and its rather urgent so excuse me please.
Anyways My Gf's Iphone 5 suddenly started dropping calls and even having poor wifi signal... Her sister has an iphone 5 and she called me on both phones (not at the same time) and hers dropped while her sister went through clearly.. She has owned this Iphone for around 5 months now... we tried restoring, airplane mode on then off, reset general settings... but still dropping calls... is there a fix I havent tried? or should we called their carrier (verizon btw) ? or apple?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Try resetting the Network Settings, if issue continues contact Verizon. Or maybe it's an antenna issue, in that case a visit to apple Genius Bar may be in order

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully there's an Apple store near you

Welcome to iMore and yes you posted in the right Forum for your issue we hope you continue to enjoy our community in the future

Have a great day

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You should probably get the iPhone checked at apple. This looks like a hardware issue to me. Maybe she dropped it somewhere which caused the antenna to lose its strength or something? Anyways, best of luck with your iBeauty. :)

Tapped from my Black & Slate iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Euan Tan

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
A little late but Thank you for the response! Went to apple and said that there antenna seems to be have issues and we are getting a replacement in the mail very soon~!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A little late but Thank you for the response! Went to apple and said that there antenna seems to be have issues and we are getting a replacement in the mail very soon~!

Thank you for the update, and we're glad you got the situation taken care of. Take care…:)

vidurav

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Same problem is with my GF's iphone which is a 5S. No signal comes in areas where the network is handed over to another tower or sector. That means when signal level drops and again increases this phone's signal level drops and comes No Service. Is your phone Okay now?