Not sure if iPhone, iTunes, or iOS issue, music

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so all my music used to play just fine on my iPhone. After getting my rMBP and using Home Sharing to transfer everything from iTunes on my PC to my rMBP iTunes and syncing my iPhone with the new iTunes library. Many of my songs stop playing before being finished, the next song starts, but the music player still shows the song title that quit playing until I hit the next track button, then the title reflects the currently playing song. I restored my iPhone and then restored from iTunes backup. Will restoring and setting up a new iPhone fix this issue or is there another way around it? Or am I just stuck with it?

iPhone 5
13" rMBP
Many songs on my iPhone stop playing before being finished. Also note, these songs play just fine on iTunes on my rMBP. The only discrepancy is on the iPhone only,

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Restoring as new could fix that. I've had that problem when playing things on my iPhone through home sharing in the last few days as well

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, quick update, restored my iPhone as new...kinda of a bad idea. I was able to turn off 2-step verification on Dropbox to login on my phone, can't turn it back on because Dropbox doesn't recognize my gmail password, an email has been sent. WordPress, luckily my app-specific password found its way back into 1Password, I can login via the app, can't login online due to 2-step verification. Here's the issue, I never did get Google Authenticator set up on my iPad, there weren't my 2-step....lovely, all my fault. As I set up my Gmail 2-step, I set up it on my iPad at the same time, will do the same for Dropbox when I can turn it back on. WordPress is another story, they are backlogged with support requests and only those with purchased upgrades can get support right now. Great, at least I can most everything I want via the app. Lost all my sleep data from Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock, not a big deal, but it was useful. I have to go and turn Apple's 2-step verification back on as well since they unlinked it from my phone, again, not a big deal. Reset all my settings, sounds, set up my home screen again, and even before all of this....this first thing I did was sync music only. Half of my music still cuts out before the end of the song, still no issue on iTunes on my rMBP. I'm thinking something happened during the Home Sharing syncing. Anyone have any ideas?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh man...that restore also screwed up all my contacts, sometime soon I'm added ALL my contacts to iCloud and only using iCloud for contacts anymore.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear lord, I found a fix for my music, but it sucks...so much. All my music is mp3, but if I create an AAC file, the AAC file will play perfectly fine. On song bought on iTunes, one converted, only 3,097 songs to go.....yay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2