LED on Iphone

PestPro

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am fairly new here from BB, and I love my Iphone 5, there is just one thing I do miss and that is the LED Lights, that light up with you get new message, calls, txt etc. I know this has been talked about before, about how some don't want the hole in the phone. well I found out that the LED lite can be hidden under the black face plate of the phone, so If you have it turned off, you don't even know it is there. And for those of you that don't want it, just turn it OFF. But I am seeing more and more chat about some wanting the LED. HEY....try it you might just like it. It is better than having to pick up your phone that I use for business and I get lots of calls, to see if you have any messages or e mails.. YOU, talking about a waste to time.

Thanks
Harold

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Harold and welcome to iMore

Your only option is going to Settings>General>Accessibility>

And under hearing you can toggle on LED flash for Alerts

Enjoy the forum 😊

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is like an LED also. I think apple could do it so it's elegant looking. The LED is something I miss a lot from my BlackBerry.

Being able to tell if you have a message without picking up the phone, and turning the screen on is a real time saver.

As well, the different colored LED lets you know what type of message it is and/or who it is from.

My phone is always on silent. So unless I happen to be staring at it, I don't know when I have a message. With BlackBerry I had it set to blink until I read the message. Much better visual notification system then apple by far.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I might drain my battery a bit too by turning on the screen to check for messages. I need to get my emails ASAP so I tent to check it a lot for that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think I might drain my battery a bit too by turning on the screen to check for messages. I need to get my emails ASAP so I tent to check it a lot for that.

So, what do you do now on your iPhone withOUT a LED... hmmm... meh.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My blackberry has the LED. My blackberry is for work. When the durned LED flashes on my BB it's work. Somehow, I've come to find the LED, therefore, annoying. I'm glad my iDevices don't have that LED. Really glad. Really really glad. That is all.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get to the point of hating the word "LED." It's getting real close to "selfie."

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I pick it up and turn in the screen and look. I do miss a lot of emails.

If you miss a lot of emails set it to repeat the notification. Only other thing is the flash blink when you get a notification although I find that too distracting for me. But I've gotten used to not seeing the blinking light. Even sometimes it'll be annoying when I'm trying to sleep. If you keep your phone on silent it's hard not to expect to miss some notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is just another iteration of the "I left device xxxx because I wanted something better. Now I want to change my new device to behave like my previous device".

It’s like trying to dress/make up/transform your new mate into your ex. Just doesn’t make sense.

Still SMH about the whole "I need a LED on my iPhone" thing... time to let it go, people...

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't care less about a notification LED. I've had phones with them and phones without them, and either way the phone worked just fine.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This is just another iteration of the "I left device xxxx because I wanted something better. Now I want to change my new device to behave like my previous device".

It’s like trying to dress/make up/transform your new mate into your ex. Just doesn’t make sense.

Still SMH about the whole "I need a LED on my iPhone" thing... time to let it go, people...

I'll never let go Jack!! Lol. Anyway, it's just a feature I really want. It's probably the feature that will make me return to BlackBerry once BlackBerry gets apps. If BlackBerry gets apps. There's always hope for blinky.

I saw my coworkers Android had a blue LED notification the other day. I thought only BlackBerry had them. So that's cool.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I'll never let go Jack!! Lol. Anyway, it's just a feature I really want. It's probably the feature that will make me return to BlackBerry once BlackBerry gets apps. If BlackBerry gets apps. There's always hope for blinky.

I saw my coworkers Android had a blue LED notification the other day. I thought only BlackBerry had them. So that's cool.

Yeahp. You can get Samsung, LG, and other android phones that have that...or you could just head back to blackberry.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Blackberry is still in business?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My blackberry has the LED. My blackberry is for work. When the durned LED flashes on my BB it's work. Somehow, I've come to find the LED, therefore, annoying. I'm glad my iDevices don't have that LED. Really glad. Really really glad. That is all.

Haha, this is exactly how I feel now. For the first couple of weeks, I missed the LED. Then I realized that the LED usually only flashed when there was a message from work. I now find the LED annoying as well, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro