Better way to xfer videos shot on iPhone 5 to mac computer?

derickson328

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Howdy,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, so please forgive me if it's not. Anyways, I'm just wondering what the best way to get the videos that I shoot on my iPhone 5 to my iMac computer. I currently use Photo Stream to transfer the photos that I take to iPhoto on the mac, and that works great. I thought that I remembered hearing something about iOS7 being able to do the same with videos, but I can't seem to make that happen. Do I still have to use the charging cable to manually do it, or is there a way to have it done automatically just like Photo Stream does photos? For reference, my iPhone is running the latest publicly released iOS7, and my iMac is running the latest publicly released Mavericks.

Thanks for any help/advice!

derickson328

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Try using this. Photo Sync. It transfers videos too. At least that's what the description says. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photosync-wirelessly-transfers/id418818452?mt=12&at=10l3Vy

Thank you for the response. I gave this app a try, and I imagine that it's due to the relative new-ness of iOS7 but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. It just gave me an error every time I tried. I was using the Mac companion app just as it said to do. Thank you for taking the time to respond Gravity

derickson328

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, videos in PhotoStream don't transfer but videos in a shared PhotoStream do.

This sounds good. How do you set this up between a Mac computer and an iphone? I've set up a shared photo stream between mine and my wife's iPhones, but never my computer. Also, does this use icloud space? Thank you for your time Karen!

derickson328

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my Mac in front of me at the moment, but I believe that iPhoto has a Setting to include shared PhotoStreams. Then these shared PhotoStreams automatically download when you have iPhoto open.
I don't believe that PhotoStreams count against your 5GB iCloud allotment whether they are shared or not. Your camera roll does count in iCloud space though.

I hadn't looked into the shared photo streams before, but I tried it and it seems to work great! It's not quite as automated as the regular photo stream but otherwise works really well.

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner