Looks like I'll need a new iPhone 5

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Today, my iPhone 5 mysteriously began malfunctioning, all due to the native mail app. Apparently, it thinks my mail memory is low (even though it's not) and is causing the phone to overheat and have memory issues. I did a full factory restore with setting it up as a new phone, and it worked for 2 hours before once again malfunctioning. Online tech support wasn't too much help, but Apple's tech support via phone told me that I'm going to need a replacement, since I had this phone repaired last month (new battery). Needless to say, it's very frustrating, especially since this phone is about one year old. Vent session over...for now. :mad:

Have others had similar issues?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I did a restore via iTunes - restored/redownload iOS, set up as new and put the apps back on manually.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I may - and I repeat may - have narrowed down the issue. I deleted a couple of email accounts from my phone, one of which was an Outlook account and the other being an Exchange account (my work email). Immediately, the mail app began working like normal. I added the work email back to see if that was the culprit, and so far (about an hour later), all seems well. I'm wondering if the Outlook email account had some sort of sync issue? It works fine on my iPad, but then again, I suppose it's different for each device - right?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
That does sound like a sync issue with that account. Hopefully it continues to work now.

Yup, I can confirm it's my Outlook.com account. I'm using another app for that one email account (I use it infrequently) so I don't have to go through iOS Mail. So far, I am back to normal!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox