Looks like I'll need a new iPhone 5
Today, my iPhone 5 mysteriously began malfunctioning, all due to the native mail app. Apparently, it thinks my mail memory is low (even though it's not) and is causing the phone to overheat and have memory issues. I did a full factory restore with setting it up as a new phone, and it worked for 2 hours before once again malfunctioning. Online tech support wasn't too much help, but Apple's tech support via phone told me that I'm going to need a replacement, since I had this phone repaired last month (new battery). Needless to say, it's very frustrating, especially since this phone is about one year old. Vent session over...for now.
Have others had similar issues?
- 12-23-2013, 06:49 PM #2
- 12-23-2013, 07:04 PM #4
Re: Looks like I'll need a new iPhone 5
I may - and I repeat may - have narrowed down the issue. I deleted a couple of email accounts from my phone, one of which was an Outlook account and the other being an Exchange account (my work email). Immediately, the mail app began working like normal. I added the work email back to see if that was the culprit, and so far (about an hour later), all seems well. I'm wondering if the Outlook email account had some sort of sync issue? It works fine on my iPad, but then again, I suppose it's different for each device - right?
- 12-24-2013, 07:47 AM #6
- By Jimbos Jumbos in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
- By RaspberryG in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-23-2013, 06:32 PM
- By mnuno in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2013, 03:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM