How to remove a device from iTunes

idgaf1

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

I have to send my phone away to get the screen fixed. The insurance company has asked that I remove the 'dissociate' the device from iTunes among other things. I think I've managed to delete it from my iCloud but I can't seem to remove it from my iTunes. I've tried following this guide, however, step 4 Manage Devices[/B is not there on my account page.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

idgaf1

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I've erased all content and settings. However, when I turn the phone back on, upon set up it asks if I want to connect to iTunes. Is it safe to assume that it is therefore dissociated from my iTunes account? I cannot currently proceed with the activation as I cannot connect to Wi-Fi and obviously, I don't know want to connect to iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've erased all content and settings. However, when I turn the phone back on, upon set up it asks if I want to connect to iTunes. Is it safe to assume that it is therefore dissociated from my iTunes account? I cannot currently proceed with the activation as I cannot connect to Wi-Fi and obviously, I don't know want to connect to iTunes.

If the device has been erased and the "Find My iPhone" feature has been disabled, if it had been previously enabled, then yes, you are done. Be sure to read the information via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/kb/TS4515