OCD iPhone 5 Home Button Replacement Question..

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

I know I have OCD, but I was wondering if anyone has had their Home Button/Flex Cable replaced recently? I had mine replaced back in early September and the new one did not have a pronounced "click" or tactile feedback as my old one used to, and it was driving me crazy that everyone elses has a really "loud" click. I went in yesterday, I also had a intermittent problem with the screen, but for me mainly because of the home button, APPLE is amazing, they said they did not see anything wrong, but they went ahead and replaced the entire display module with a new one. My questions are, when they replace the whole front display they wouldn't put my old home button back in correct, it must have a new home button preinstalled in it ? The reason why I am asking is because this new one seems to not really have a loud click when pressed or be tactile. And my second question is for anyone that has purchased a newer 5, or just recently had their home button replaced/repaired does yours still have a loud very tactile click? I was almost starting to think that with two new home buttons that maybe they are making them different recently, or they are using the 5c home button in ip5's now which are not that pronounced of a click?

I figured I would come to this forum which I know and trust for help and feedback.. I love my iPhone 5, but for some reason this home button issue is driving me crazy..lol.. Thank you ALL for any input that you could provide to this subject!!

RescueEMT911

dustrho

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You actually like that loud click sound? I hate it with a passion. Every time I press down on mine I press on the edge of it so it doesn't click so loud. It doesn't always work though. I wish it was as quiet as the button on my iPad 3rd gen.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My i5 was very quiet not like my girlfriends i4 which clicks a little

How is the button function that is the most important thing to consider

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So you like the click sound? It's usually the other way around. If the home button functions properly, then I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck. :)

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all so much.. I believe it is just my OCD, and wanting to keep a "like new" phone.. it just made me wonder with these last two home buttons because my original 5 had a really loud click to it, and really took some pressing to get it to work, then I recently tried like 6 peoples phones that I know and they were all really firm and clicky.. These last two replacements are quiet and do not seem to be as "firm" as before.. it's making me wonder if maybe they are also using a different type of home button flex cable, maybe interchangeable between the 5 and the 5c.. But THANK YOU all again, yes it does respond and work fine..I just have to get it out of my mind and quit pressing the button constantly to see if it clicks..lol OCD is NOT FUN! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods