App Store showing updates when there aren't any

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I've got an iphone 5 running iOS 6.1 (jailbroken, but I don't think that matters). I'm seeing a strange problem, which started just around when iOS 7 was released. The App Store is showing that I have 8 apps to update, but when I open it and go to the update tab, there are none, and it clears. Then a few hours later it happens again. I've rebooted several times, with no changes. If there is a real app to update, then the icon will show 9, but only the 1 new one is there on the update tab. Anybody else seen this or have any ideas? Thanks.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Happening on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.3
Whats happening is you have apps that need an update to work with iOS 7. Since you dont have iOS 7 (like me) your phone is looking for the app to update and it realized you need iOS7 for the update to continue. At least thats what i have gathered. Hence why it shows No update when you open the app store. The app has been updated but your phone has not and the update is then removed from your phone and no update is needed.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Happening on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.3
Whats happening is you have apps that need an update to work with iOS 7. Since you dont have iOS 7 (like me) your phone is looking for the app to update and it realized you need iOS7 for the update to continue. At least thats what i have gathered. Hence why it shows No update when you open the app store. The app has been updated but your phone has not and the update is then removed from your phone and no update is needed.

That makes way too much sense to not be true. But it sounds like there isn't much I can do about it except to update to iOS7, which I don't particularly want to do at the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2