App Store showing updates when there aren't any
I've got an iphone 5 running iOS 6.1 (jailbroken, but I don't think that matters). I'm seeing a strange problem, which started just around when iOS 7 was released. The App Store is showing that I have 8 apps to update, but when I open it and go to the update tab, there are none, and it clears. Then a few hours later it happens again. I've rebooted several times, with no changes. If there is a real app to update, then the icon will show 9, but only the 1 new one is there on the update tab. Anybody else seen this or have any ideas? Thanks.
- 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM #2
- 10-25-2013, 04:23 PM #5
Re: App Store showing updates when there aren't any
Happening on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.3
Whats happening is you have apps that need an update to work with iOS 7. Since you dont have iOS 7 (like me) your phone is looking for the app to update and it realized you need iOS7 for the update to continue. At least thats what i have gathered. Hence why it shows No update when you open the app store. The app has been updated but your phone has not and the update is then removed from your phone and no update is needed.
- 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM #7
- By toml2003 in forum iOS 7Replies: 11Last Post: 08-26-2016, 05:41 AM
- By Munky#AC in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-09-2013, 10:44 PM
- By kch50428 in forum OS X / macOSReplies: 19Last Post: 10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
- By Sharma15 in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 3Last Post: 10-27-2013, 04:15 PM
- By 098v in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 09:04 PM