- iMore Beginner
- 75 Posts
iPhone 5 camera "spec" problem.
I have a release day iPhone 5 (out of warranty) and this past weekend a speck has shown up in the center of every picture and video I take. It's small, but it is incredibly annoying as it is directly in the center of the image/video. I've tried cleaning the lens and that did nothing, now I'm not sure what else I can do. I use my camera CONSTANTLY, so this is a major issue for me, anyone have any idea how to deal with this? I've attached a couple pics below
Full frame shot on a white background:
Here it is on a pic I took, it's between the winglet and the fuel tank:
And here it is on a video, you will very obviously be able to see it:
- 10-23-2013, 04:55 PM #2
- 10-24-2013, 06:53 AM #4
- 11-01-2013, 11:05 AM #5
Re: iPhone 5 camera "spec" problem.
I had same problem on my iPhone 5 it was a speck of dust on the inside of the camera lens glass. Apparently Apple will replace it under warranty (depends on genius bar person you get) since they cant clean it without taking the entire phone apart. I hope this helps.
Last edited by PocketRocketGQ; 11-01-2013 at 11:43 AM.
- 11-05-2013, 03:24 AM #6
- By Telmo Baldaia in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 36Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
- By SWFLFFPM in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM
- By thejerryong in forum OS X / macOSReplies: 4Last Post: 10-23-2013, 01:30 PM
- By gordol in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 12:39 PM