Deleted Text Messages Keep Returning

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My son installed IOS 7 recently and he noticed that deleted text messages keep returning. A Google search has not returned any hits. I told him to delete the entire conversation but that didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Rich

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same issues except with pictures. If cutting the device off and on doesn't help, he might have to reset the phone (as much as we all hate doing that).

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My son installed IOS 7 recently and he noticed that deleted text messages keep returning. A Google search has not returned any hits. I told him to delete the entire conversation but that didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Rich

Are the Messages prior to Installing iOS7?

Roland

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No matter I would check with my carrier first to see if they can clear this up on their end. Make sure they are not those text messages you get from certain companies that you don't realize you signed up for because those can be blocked by your carrier which I had to do. See if you add them to your blocked call list if it will take effect also in texts? Unless they are people you know but just wanted those deleted.

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, will do. I believe most of the messages are from his friends. Thanks.

-Rich

No matter I would check with my carrier first to see if they can clear this up on their end. Make sure they are not those text messages you get from certain companies that you don't realize you signed up for because those can be blocked by your carrier which I had to do. See if you add them to your blocked call list if it will take effect also in texts? Unless they are people you know but just wanted those deleted.

Kelly Moloney

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
We are having the same issue with ios7 on an iPhone 4. i have given it to my husband and tried deleting old messages… but they keep appearing. I can't find how to delete them from iCloud if thats where they are coming from…. I have deleted, backed up to computer, and turned off and then back on the phone, and it keeps returning them. any help would be appreciated.

Samantha Canada

May 20, 2015
Visit site
We are having the same issue with ios7 on an iPhone 4. i have given it to my husband and tried deleting old messages? but they keep appearing. I can't find how to delete them from iCloud if thats where they are coming from?. I have deleted, backed up to computer, and turned off and then back on the phone, and it keeps returning them. any help would be appreciated.

I have found that it was because under settings->messages, I had the keep messages for ... Turned on to "forever", I changed it to a year and it allowed me to delete messages and keep them deleted.

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you my problem is been fixed just like this user said , go to setting and where messages appear you might have them to keep them 'forever" so change it to either 30 days or one year and the old messages will get deleted !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh