Music randomly turns on

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I think my phone is possessed. The music from my collection on the phone keeps randomly turning itself on.

The phone goes dim, music cuts in and out them finally stops when I hit pause.

Is a trip to an apple store in order?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I deleted all my music in my phone. Hate the fact that the music app turns itself on randomly. I noticed this from when I use control center. I find a song paused in the background... Annoying.

Thankfully, I've yet to experience this on either my iPhone 5 or my iPad Mini.

jbpearson

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
my music turns on by itself also, iOS 7. Been to 2 apple stores no help. the app appears to not be open, you can only see it from the screen that draws up from the bottom. Most of the time there is no sound but you can see the songs scroll by in order. battery going fast. If you open the music app and turn it off it stops.

JamesR300

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to my on an iPhone 6, latest iOS (8.1.2). Seems to coincide with doing *something* (e.g., I press the button to make a phone call and the music starts playing). I don't think it has happened with the phone just sitting there, but seems to be happening more and more when I press a button that has nothing to do with music, and in fact I don't even have the music app running. (I tend to manually shut down apps I'm not using, so music is almost never running in the background).

Some Googling indicates that this problem has been happening for a long time (years), across multiple major revisions of iOS. What's the issue and why can't it be fixed?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So when you hit the dial pad to call, music starts playing? It's unlikely the music app would run in the background. Very few apps actually do that. It's usually a GPS thing. But the music coming on like that is not normal. Your phone should be covered by AppleCare or AppleCare+. If it's a hardware issue, you should get another phone. Take it to the Genius Bar or a carrier store.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The music app does run in the background, even when not in the task switcher. When my iPhone connects to my car via BT, it always starts playing music, even when the music app is not loaded. It will do that even when the music app is not loaded and the podcast app IS with a podcast queued up to play, in the foreground.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The music app does run in the background, even when not in the task switcher. When my iPhone connects to my car via BT, it always starts playing music, even when the music app is not loaded. It will do that even when the music app is not loaded and the podcast app IS with a podcast queued up to play, in the foreground.

It does run if the song is not turned off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OP, check your music app and be sure any song is turned off. Tap the 2 lines in the middle. If that's not it, get someone to check your phone.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419003036.513334.jpg

vlhrlty

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever get an answer to this? My iphone6 keeps doing the same thing. Music randomly keeps running in the background and I cannot seem to stop it. Phone gets dim, bs hot, and now volume button disappears.

ajvas12345

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
This is not helpful...this may stop the music once it starts randomly playing, but thats it. Mine plays all different songs at all times, day and night....no headphones in the picture....latest iOS8 Iphone6. No music app is open, but you have to open it to turn off music (which like the picture above, essentially means opening mkusic app and hitting pause, then closing music app)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro