Where do you go to get Max value for your old iPhone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I always seem to get the most money from Craigslist. eBay will rape you with the final sale fee of 9% and then you pay the paypal fees of 3 or 4%.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 5 to GameStop this year and will probably do the same with my 5S next year.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I second craigslist. You do have to weed through some of the people who want you to send to their distant cousin overseas. I always insist on meeting at the Verizon store. That shows I am legit and if they are straight up they appreciate it.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was totally pleased with the price Gamestop gave me. I would definitely go there again. It was much higher than what I was quoted on their website.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon edge program so now I don't have to worry about selling I just trade it in for a the next thing lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I second craigslist. You do have to weed through some of the people who want you to send to their distant cousin overseas. I always insist on meeting at the Verizon store. That shows I am legit and if they are straight up they appreciate it.

I had to sell 2. One I met at his business that he owned and the other at a Att store so yeah I hear you.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon edge program so now I don't have to worry about selling I just trade it in for a the next thing lol

I won't rent my phone. I usually sell mine for more than I pay for new one. I dont have to pay that monthly fee on that phone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll third Craigslist, if I know the condition and storage capacity of your i5 I could help with a starting price, and if it's the black model you should be able to mark it up a little since Apple has abandoned that color this year. I would put my 64GB black i5 on Craigslist for $600 OBO and I could probably get at least $500 out of it.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I won't rent my phone. I usually sell mine for more than I pay for new one. I dont have to pay that monthly fee on that phone.

It's not really a fee it just like buying it full retail on a payment plan I didn't pay anything when I got it. The money I pay towards the retail price gets applied to the new phone when I trade it in and if it's more they refund the difference. That is if I trade it in.
So for me it wasn't that bad a deal since I upgrade yearly anyways and since I didn't have unlimited data I get 6gb for 30 bucks vs my 2gb I was getting.

Over the next year I'll pay what I would have If I would have did a normal upgrade.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not really a fee it just like buying it full retail on a payment plan I didn't pay anything when I got it. The money I pay towards the retail price gets applied to the new phone when I trade it in and if it's more they refund the difference. That is if I trade it in.
So for me it wasn't that bad a deal since I upgrade yearly anyways and since I didn't have unlimited data I get 6gb for 30 bucks vs my 2gb I was getting.

Over the next year I'll pay what I would have If I would have did a normal upgrade.

Could you explain this? I thought that the phone could be traded after it was half paid for, but that it just meant that you start over with a new phone at full price (with payments), and you owed no more on the trade-in. I guess that I need to read over the plan again.
And at $27/month, that is $324 over a year, which is more than a normal upgrade of $199.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Could you explain this? I thought that the phone could be traded after it was half paid for, but that it just meant that you start over with a new phone at full price (with payments), and you owed no more on the trade-in. I guess that I need to read over the plan again.
And at $27/month, that is $324 over a year, which is more than a normal upgrade of $199.

I think u understand it correctly but that why I got a 32gb so for me it works but it's not that it's half paid for it's 6 months of making the payments atleast that's what I was told

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I always seem to get the most money from Craigslist. eBay will rape you with the final sale fee of 9% and then you pay the paypal fees of 3 or 4%.

Yeah, and they are charging a shipping fee now, to avoid those $99 shipping - $1 dollar items, at the end ebay get about 10% off your sale, I'd rather sell it privately.