What's a good sell price for a 5?

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a white 5 that I'm trying to sell. It's in PRISTINE condition, no scratches, not even regular wear and tear. Screen protector front and back, box, buds, etc. I've been trying to sell it through the local ads, but prices seem to have dropped quite a bit after the release of the 5c and S. Any suggestions on where to get top dollar? (Also, since it's not in production any longer, should be a collectible..right? Lol)

Sprint, 16gb, not unlocked.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I got an 64GB AT&T model in very good condition for 399 on eBay. I think that was a steal but I wouldn't have paid more than 450 for a 64GB model. If you want a quick sell you can probably sell it for $350 locally on craigslist. Online you can list for more (everyone does to account for fees) but that's exactly the problem....fees and a lot of competition.

It really all depends on your location. When I was in Delaware it was easy to find buyers for iPhones and high end Android because there wasn't a lot of people selling. But now in Charlotte, there are plenty of listings for these devices. And anyone that knows economics knows that when there's a surplus, prices go down. Another thing is that after a year, it appears that many people don't care about the device being it mint condition as much. So while sellers definitely like to tout this as a selling point (as they should) but it's hard to sell it at a premium because of that. Sure they would like mint condition but they would gladly pay $50 less for a device with some wear that works perfectly when all else is equal. Last thing that affects you is Sprint. That's both good an bad. The bad is that is limits the number of users because Verizon network is larger and AT&T and Tmobile ones can be unlocked so it appeals to more buyers. The good is that for Sprint buyers, it could be harder for them to find a device for those very reasons so you could actually end up selling for more than an AT&T user because the Sprint buyer has to pay more as they have less options.

So having said all of that (sorry for the long post), I would like online (Here, swappa, eBay, Amazon) for around $400. Your goal should probably be to get no less than $350 after any fees and shipping for online sales.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. I have it down to 360 on the local ad which usually works really well at selling phones. Used it in the past. I'll have to check out swappa and see how it goes. eBay is a ripoff IMO.
Again thanks for the help.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. I have it down to 360 on the local ad which usually works really well at selling phones. Used it in the past. I'll have to check out swappa and see how it goes. eBay is a ripoff IMO.
Again thanks for the help.

Good luck. Also check out Amazon. Their fees are hefty but in most cases you can charge a little more because buyer there are usually ok with paying a little more for a purchased backed by Amazon. I have a good selling history with them and it's not bad. Also you don't have to pay anything to list. They'll take the fee right out of the money you get and let you know how much you are going to get at your listed price before you even list it. I find that much better than eBay where you get hit with an invoices weeks after you made the sale. At least with Amazon they tell you upfront you know what you're getting into to. I've always had quick sales for iPhone on it at the price I wanted. No hassling like some of the swappa users will do. Take a look at it.

http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soaT?ld=AZFSSOAT

Last edited:

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd ask 350-400. People will negotiate. I would avoid eBay because they kill you with fees

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2