Don't shoot the messenger.... (help with ringtone troubles)

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm asking on behalf of my wife. I haven't had a chance to check into it, mostly because I'm much more of an Android guy, and also because I told her when she got her iPhone that it was her baby. Troubleshooting, problems, updates, apps, anything were all up to her.

Anyway. Here's what I know. iPhone 5 16BG, updated to iOS7 last week. She was having battery problems so she let it die out on it's own, shut it down, and charged it back up to full (powered off). That was a couple days ago.

Today she was saying that all her ringtones are "screwed up". From what I gather, the files play correctly, but all the labels are incorrect. Is there anything I should check, or look into? As far as I know the issue started today, but it could be that she just hasn't dug into her ringtones to change anything since the update.

Please help an iPhone noob (and his wife) figure this one out. I'd appreciate it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have her turn off her device and then turn it back on to see if it corrects itself. If it does not, she may need to connect her device to iTunes and restore it as a new device instead of from a backup. Also, if she chooses this route, make sure she backup her device prior to starting.

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Have her turn off her device and then turn it back on to see if it corrects itself. If it does not, she may need to connect her device to iTunes and restore it as a new device instead of from a backup. Also, if she chooses this route, make sure she backup her device prior to starting.

We tried a power cycle after I posted, and it didn't change anything, so I'm guessing the next step is to restore it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner