WiFi Password Shutout on iOS7

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am running iOS7 on my iP5. It is a recent replacement phone from VZW, and the iOS7 was installed via iTunes as soon as I got the phone. I have a weird...and frustrating issue attempting to join my WiFi at my home.

When I turned WiFi on, it detected my home-based WiFi perfectly. It then asked for my password (which I thought was strange since I had done a restore from my my previous phones backup...), and I put in what I thought my password was. I was wrong (I forgot my password, but have several ideas what it might be)...but instead of giving me several chances to re-enter my password, it simply now just says it's unable to join to my WiFi...and I can't get another chance to enter my password again!!! It's driving me nuts...not to mention using up unnecessary data on my plan.

Can someone smarter than me tell me how to set things to where I have several chances to enter my password until I get it right?

Thanks. :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am running iOS7 on my iP5. It is a recent replacement phone from VZW, and the iOS7 was installed via iTunes as soon as I got the phone. I have a weird...and frustrating issue attempting to join my WiFi at my home.

When I turned WiFi on, it detected my home-based WiFi perfectly. It then asked for my password (which I thought was strange since I had done a restore from my my previous phones backup...), and I put in what I thought my password was. I was wrong (I forgot my password, but have several ideas what it might be)...but instead of giving me several chances to re-enter my password, it simply now just says it's unable to join to my WiFi...and I can't get another chance to enter my password again!!! It's driving me nuts...not to mention using up unnecessary data on my plan.

Can someone smarter than me tell me how to set things to where I have several chances to enter my password until I get it right?

Thanks. :)

Go to settings general reset network settings

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods