Can someone explain the "usage" stats?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I was hoping someone could explain the usage stats. If I add the standby and usage times, I get times which are longer than I've officially been awake. Maybe it is because I use my phone to check my mail and such during the early morning hours and then go back to sleep? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I was hoping someone could explain the usage stats. If I add the standby and usage times, I get times which are longer than I've officially been awake. Maybe it is because I use my phone to check my mail and such during the early morning hours and then go back to sleep? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1805

Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email.

Standby: Amount of time iPhone has been powered on since its last full charge, including the time the phone has been asleep.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
you cant add them. the usage time is part of the total standby.

lets say my usage was 5 minutes and standby was 1 hour. that means my phone was off the charger for 1 hour total, our of which 5 minutes it was being used and 55 minutes it wasnt. and the usage time can also count when the phones GPS or data is in use as well even if the screen isnt actively on. i have an unactivated iphone 4 that sits on my desk, but connected to wifi and has weather and icloud stuff connected to it. after 9 days of standby, it will accumulate like 2 hours of use, even though i never actually used it. its updating stuff in the background and its data connection causes this counter to go up.

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have the bug where usage is erased after hard reset?

That is not a bug. It's been that way for as long as I can recall. It was certainly true of iOS 5 and iOS 6, too. Same with any jail broken device. Respringing always caused the state to reset, too.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

djjohnson

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If I may ask, I have another newbie question in connection with this question.

What does "last full charge" mean?
Does it imply charging the phone from 0% to 100% or from whatever % (for instance, 20%) to 100%?

Thanks for helping me out with this. Appreciate the responses (in advance)

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone! It was a stupid question but most of all thank you all for not jumping down my throat like most other forums. Got confused by the word standby.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If I may ask, I have another newbie question in connection with this question.

What does "last full charge" mean?
Does it imply charging the phone from 0% to 100% or from whatever % (for instance, 20%) to 100%?

Thanks for helping me out with this. Appreciate the responses (in advance)

I've also found that the usage stats reset to zero at around 92%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It's an odd number to be sure. Found it out during the time when I was still monitoring my battery stats.

its probably at that point where the phones hardware or software considers the battery to be so close to full capacity that its going to be at 100 very soon so it may as well reset.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
its probably at that point where the phones hardware or software considers the battery to be so close to full capacity that its going to be at 100 very soon so it may as well reset.

Not sure but if one is a monitor of battery stats that's a good charge point from which to monitor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner