My iPhone 5 heats up extremely while charging

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I've noticed dis since d past couple of weeks that wenever i put it in charge, my iPhone 5 heats up a lot...
Its sometimes enuf to startle me if i accidentally touch it...
Is it normal? Or shld i take it to apple store?
I get battery life of abt 8 hrs now... If it is relevant!

Edit: i use apple supplied cable and charger!

iPhone 5 16GB

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Settings / General / Reset / Reset All Settings

This will not delete anything, but will factory set your settings.

It also defrags the phone/ cleans the cache up etc

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If it is heating up as you said I would not hesitate to call and make an appt with the genius bar or do it from your apple store app and take it for troubleshooting. I am sure they will replace it for you if it is that bad.

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Worth an appointment at a Genius Bar... how long into a charge does it take?

Dnt haf genius bar in d country i live.. Just apple retail.. It stars heating up as soon as i plug it in.. Bt once it is fully charged and goes into ac power, it starts to cool down..

iPhone 5 16GB

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If it is heating up as you said I would not hesitate to call and make an appt with the genius bar or do it from your apple store app and take it for troubleshooting. I am sure they will replace it for you if it is that bad.

Since der is no genius bar or apple store in my country, a replacement phone comes atleast a week later..
Also here d reps r so tired of ppl coming caz of battery probs dat dey claim d max battery life u can get on iphone 5 is 6 hrs dat too on 2G..
Hence if it can b solved widout going to apple store, I'd wanna try it...

iPhone 5 16GB

jenil_295

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So i noticed this time around while charging and i can safely say that the problem still exists!

Shld i go to the apple store?

iPhone 5 16GB