what would happen to iPhone 5 when 5C and 5S available for sale next week?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
would retailers like walmart, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc suddenly just stop selling 5 as soon as 5C and 5S available next week? Or would they just sell 5 until it runs out of stock? Or just Apple Store stops selling 5?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
would retailers like walmart, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc suddenly just stop selling 5 as soon as 5C and 5S available next week? Or would they just sell 5 until it runs out of stock? Or just Apple Store stops selling 5?

I believe the retail outlets including Apple would sell iPhone 5 till they run out. Apple is just stopping production on the iPhone 5.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It’s also possible that Apple recalls all of the iPhone 5 phones to use for warranty replacements... not saying that would happen, but it could... BTW, Apple will continue remanufacturing the iPhone 5 phones as long as there’s a demand for warranty replacements (up to 2 years past the launch date of the 5s and 5c, at a minimum).

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
There will be a fire sale for the ip5 till new ones are released to reduce inventory. The rest will go back to apple to be used as replacement devices.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It?s also possible that Apple recalls all of the iPhone 5 phones to use for warranty replacements... not saying that would happen, but it could... BTW, Apple will continue remanufacturing the iPhone 5 phones as long as there?s a demand for warranty replacements (up to 2 years past the launch date of the 5s and 5c, at a minimum).

Actually this is a concern of mine. I just got the iPhone 5 in July, and purchased the apple care. So what happens now if my phone breaks and I need a replacement?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
With the c being the low end device I don't see them needing to have to sell the older versions on discounts. Just as everyone has stated they should be used for warranty issues.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2