AppleCare Question

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently traded for an iPhone 5, and the gentleman I traded with (I believe) has the AppleCare protection plan for the device. I guess I really have a few questions:

1. Does this follow the device?
2. If not automatically, would I need him to put it in my name?
3. Will people actually switch the protectino plan to someone else after purchasing it (haha)?

I hope this makes sense. I have never used Apples protection plan for any of my iphones, and because of that I (obviouisly) have no clue about it. Thanks in advance!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
jm that was a good catch by seeing the sticky and now you and hopefully other members will see why we work dso hard to write these guides for our members. Not for us...YOU - Our members because that would have been my next place for you to view. For the rest of you that have this same question come up again here is a snippit from JustMe'D who wrote the guide.

Capture.PNG

Bottom line is AppleCare + always goes with the phone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple Care is locked to device serial. You transfer owner ship. But still locked to device for new user

If you sell the device, you can also cancel the AppleCare+ fora cash refund of the remaining term of the coverage...

Last edited:

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info everyone! I knew it transferred, just wasn't sure how it transferred...if that makes any sense. I appreciate everyone's help, and hope you all have a great weekend!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73