how do I prevent app sync via iTunes?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Once in a while, I sync my iPhone to get new songs to my iPhone and also to do PC backup. I have many apps in iPhone but I do NOT want the apps to be copied to my PC as the apps are a waste of my HD space. Every time I sync, I have to click X when it tries to sync the app purchase.

How do I do that? Is there a setting that would let me only do backup and sync music?

Thanks.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advise, but it does not work. I followed the instruction, by first go to iTunes preferences and advanced then reset warning, then I plug in my phone, then scroll down, there is reset warning, I click that as well

then I click synch, it is still syncing apps that are on my phone that are not in my PC. there is no pop up that tells me not to do app transfer, it's frustrating...

any other way? Thanks.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone is connected, open the device and there should be an option on the Apps or first tab to install new apps. Turn that off. I'm not in front of my computer with iTunes, so I cannot check the specific location and name of the setting. I just know that it's there, somewhere.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but under the top of iTunes under EDIT scroll down to Preferences and the DEVICE tab. Look to see if you have the first box checked so you can choose what to do when you plug on your phone to iTunes. if you are thinking of something else, let me know.

Capture.PNG

arshaddossa

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I found a solution to stop synching Apps on iTunes version 11.1.5.5
Edit --> Preferences --> General tab --> "untick" Apps
This will stop synching all apps to your local HDD.

Good luck :)
Arshad

imadtsoli

Banned
Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Try this.

Preferences>Devices>Prevent [devices] from automatically syncing (check)

Summary Tab>Options(near the bottom)> Automatically sync this iPhone when connected (uncheck)

Apps Tab> Automatically install new apps (uncheck) (near the middle)

mmfiorini

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Almost worked! But a soon as the ipad starts syncing it starts downloading all the apps into the computer again and the apps option becomes ticked.

In my case, I already deleted all the apps from the computer, so every time it syncs it tries downloading ALL apps instead of only new ones...
Hello

I found a solution to stop synching Apps on iTunes version 11.1.5.5
Edit --> Preferences --> General tab --> "untick" Apps
This will stop synching all apps to your local HDD.

Good luck :)
Arshad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2