Error when sending email from IPhone 5 bell.net account

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

As the subject describes, I am not able to send emails from my bell.net account on my iPhone 5 although I can from my ipad mini. I receive the following error message:

jequ3uhy.jpg

Then the email sits in an 'Outbox' folder until I delete it. I've tried to resend it several times and i get the same error without success.

I have checked the email settings for this account in both the iPhone and the ipad and they are identical from what I can tell. I have no problem receiving emails on the iPhone.

I have also tried deleting the email account and re adding it. I have no problem with my yahoo account.

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chad

crowordove

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey there Chad,

I did some digging and came across a few different configurations that supposedly work.

Here is config A for bell.net outgoing settings and was said to have worked on an iPhone 5:
With Bell...
SMTP Server: smtphm.sympatico.ca
Port: 25 (or 587 if port 25 does not work)
Authentication: Yes
User name: Email address (e.g: jsmith@bell.net) and password (e.g.: a123456z)
TLS/SSL Required: Yes (select TLS if available, if not, select SSL)

And here is config B that was said to work on iPads:
POP: pop.bellnet.ca / no ssl / port 110 (Incoming)
SMTP: smtpa.bellnet.ca / ssl / port 465 (Outgoing)

Further searching through Bells support pages said that no iOS devices are officially supported although I couldn't tell you why considering OS X is.

Hope this works for you :)

Tyler

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
bell.net email addresses are actually using "outlook.com", formerly known as "Windows Live Hotmail". They can be set-up on the iPhone and the iPad as a "Outlook.com"/"Windows Live Hotmail" account :)

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It seems that after deleting the account and re adding it again worked this time although it hasn't worked in the past. It seems the port that its using is 995. That is the only difference I can see.

Thanks for the help!

Chad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2