Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Default Re: Any former Android owners?

Im using the note 2 as I type this and while it's a good phone. I actually think its just slightly too big and pretty ugly OS. Tomorrow im meeting someone to trade for a 16gb iPhone 5 and I hope everything goes smoothly. I just dont understand the ios7 anti thief thing. Im eager to come back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

As far as Android devices I've had, my list would be:

Droid Eris
    Motorola Droid
    Droid 2
    Droid X
    Droid Incredible 2
    Galaxy Nexus

I traded my 4 for the Nexus (when it was kind of new still), but ended up getting a 4S and now a 5. Not many Android devices made me contemplate going back, but the Moto X is so close for me. If I ever had the money to buy a device outright, it would be that one or an HTC One.
    mbar9607 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

I have never had an android, but my wife uses one. She has the galaxy s4. I personally think from the few times I have used it that it's too big, and isn't as smooth as the iPhone. But that's just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    888 Global Posts

I've had Android in the past including the EVO, DroidX and Droid DNA.

Platform was amazing, the functions and performance is lagging, slow at times and typing on it is impossible at times. Being with iPhone for about 2 years starting with the 4 now currently with the 5, iOS and it's apps runs very smoothly, never been disappointed with iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts

I have had many android, blackberry's, and only 2 iPhones. The iPhone is hands down my favorite. I started with blackberry and eventually switched to a few different androids. I finally got an iPhone 4. My goodness, I loved it. I was hooked into apple from then, or so I thought. After about a year or so, I got sucked back into the Android world. My was that a mistake. After my common sense came back into my head, I realized I needed to get another iPhone. So I got the 5 and that's what I'm currently on. I'm happy I came back to apple and I plan on staying with it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

I'm coming from Android via Windows Phone, or at least I will be when my iPhone 5 comes on Thursday.

Roland
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    15,085 Global Posts

Slightly different perspective... I really like iOS, but couldn't be as productive for a few selfish reasons.

I could switch to iOS and be happy, but am happy that I don't have to at this point. For now, I am content to use iOS devices on the side.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

I'm kind of a former owner...I still have a android, but I use my iphone as my main phone (its my favorite). Android was my first choice after my bb...but then I got seduced my iphone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

I would never... Lol just kidding my wife got one not too long ago and hated it. She had the s4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    iMore Newbie

Yes from the g1 to the s4. Got tired of crappy apps, bs updates, force closings, crappy made phones, crappy cameras.
    On June 26 I took every android devise from phones to tablets to AT&T for buy back and only paid $38.67 for a 32g 5, 128g retina iPad, and 32g mini. And flipping love every devise. Glad I left android for iOS

I'm glad I left android and came to iOS
    iMore Nanite

I am one. Had the original Droid, Fascinate, Droid X2, Razr M, iPhone 4S and now on my second iphone 5. I like android but I like my iPhone 5 better all around in terms of audio quality and camera quality and build quality and convenience in sharing. Every android I had has one or more elements of those but Apple satisfies me the most considering all areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Former Android user here. Had MyTouch3G, MyTouch4G, G2 and then the Nexus. Loved my phones and Android, and was into rooting all my phones & flashing ROMs on them. Switched to iPhone 5 to simply enjoy using the apps on the phone & spend less time customizing. Happy I made the switch.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,474 Global Posts

Ive had damn near every android phone on verizon up until recently and ive tried a couple wp8 devices while i like how android is so open and customizable it also brings issues with it, and wp8 is pretty cool but not many apps or anything so i decided to make the move back to an iphone5 again after selling my droid razr hd then went to the moto x sold it and came back once again to an iphone 5 and im here to stay with apple as a whole through out the house and have got several family members on ios as well
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    15,085 Global Posts

I just love being in control a bit too much to completely leave Android just yet LOL.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I bought a Note 3 to go along with my 5S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I seem to go back and forth over the last 4 years. Started with android on the OG droid then the droid x. A botched upgrade on the x pushed me to iPhone 4 then 4S then 5. I got the itch again in April and got the note 2. I love that phone. It's fast and powerful. There's no lag or any issues. All I did was install nova launcher and it's been smooth sailing. The only negative is it's a little too big. I've been using my iPhone 5 again because it's handier to carry. I would love the note 2 in a smaller package but the S4 isn't it. I tried the droid maxx last week and it had issues with ear volume and reception. I find myself switching back and forth between the note and iPhone depending on what I need. I love both platforms but you're more likely to get better quality control with Apple in general. Having choice is nice.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Eris
    Incredible
    iPhone 4
    Droid X2
    iPhone 4s
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5

That's my smartphone history, notice a schizophrenic tendency there? I like android for a while, then I want iOS for a while. Crazy but that's me. The reasons for each have all been repeated many times in this thread.

Beauty, elegance, smoothness, better apps, no glitches, crashes, or freezes=iPhone

Root, modify, custom ROMs=Android

Glad both options are there.
    farb12 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    I seem to go back and forth over the last 4 years. Started with android on the OG droid then the droid x. A botched upgrade on the x pushed me to iPhone 4 then 4S then 5. I got the itch again in April and got the note 2. I love that phone. It's fast and powerful. There's no lag or any issues. All I did was install nova launcher and it's been smooth sailing. The only negative is it's a little too big. I've been using my iPhone 5 again because it's handier to carry. I would love the note 2 in a smaller package but the S4 isn't it. I tried the droid maxx last week and it had issues with ear volume and reception. I find myself switching back and forth between the note and iPhone depending on what I need. I love both platforms but you're more likely to get better quality control with Apple in general. Having choice is nice.
    I have been using my iPhone 5 most of the time but I still love my Note 2 as well. I do like being able to use the 5 with one hand and my family is all on iOS so that is a big deal too. I have used them all but my favorites are the iPhone 5 and Note 2. Don't have the option for the 5S or Note 3 but would like either or both.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Nanite

I have been using galaxy s2 samsung for almost 2 years. Switched to iPhone 5 a month ago. Glad I switched to iPhone. The batter life on my s2 was horrible and I love the fact that iPhones battery is way better than my s2. I also like the overall look and feel if my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have the BlackBerry 9900 and then switched to the Samsung Galaxy SIII and believe it or not I enjoyed my BB more. However when I made the switch to the iPhone 5 that all changed and I finally became a problem free mobile user that enjoys the iPhone experience!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234