"OTHER data" on iPhone, what is it?

TLO201

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
i recently plugged my phone into my itunes. and all of a sudden it has 7.50 gigs of other data that wasnt there last time i plugged it in... havent downloaded any new apps or anything like that its robbing me of my space. can anyone help me>? i have a 32g iphone and only have 3g left... thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help "OTHER data"

Go ahead and do a backup via iTunes to see if the other data clears itself. If not, try rebooting your device and/or doing am iCloud Backup as well, if applicable.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

i recently plugged my phone into my itunes. and all of a sudden it has 7.50 gigs of other data that wasnt there last time i plugged it in... havent downloaded any new apps or anything like that its robbing me of my space. can anyone help me>? i have a 32g iphone and only have 3g left... thank you

This is a common question...do you keep your text messages from day to day? Emails? etc...that is part of Other, as well as album art for Music and sometimes the ios updates (red badge on Settings if you have one) Try turning phone off and back on once you've deleted a few of the previous mentioned things and see if it helped. I suggested this to a friend just yesterday and it freed up a lot!

Hope that helps!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

nope nothing.. still there ;/ anything else?

And you tried turning phone all the way off and back on?!

I jail broke mine, so my Other will always show 2.5ish, but I really can't think of anything else. How about clearing your cookies etc from Safari? All my other suggestions usually work...sorry I couldn't help more! :)

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

It could be a lot of things. Attached pictures in texts, emails, Application cache, safari cache etc. If you want to clear off some of the other space try this application called phoneclean. Its for windows and mac and it works pretty effectively

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's spy software, they're tracking everything you do, and every picture you take is being put into a database. They make sure to save that stuff for government uploads...and if you delete that "other" storage, they will send the FBI to your house with thick gloves on, and if you don't know what that means, good luck!

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same issue :s never notice it till now when i connect my phone to itunes mine says 5gb other :s what on earth is this av only had my phone about a week i have 6 pictures no music andand 5 apps :s

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had 14GB of 'Other'. I deleted all texts, cleared out all safari data, no album art, did resets, etc. No luck. Finally restored as a new device and started over fresh. It went from 14GB to 0.3GB :)

As Sean stated, the FBI arrived 2 days later. My trial begins Tuesday.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had 14GB of 'Other'. I deleted all texts, cleared out all safari data, no album art, did resets, etc. No luck. Finally restored as a new device and started over fresh. It went from 14GB to 0.3GB :)

As Sean stated, the FBI arrived 2 days later. My trial begins Tuesday.
Tragic

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Omg seriously -_- im not the britest bulb as am from the uk haha and i beleave you!!!! Lmao omg i feel so dubm ryt now 😳😂

TLO201

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
ok everyone so i figured it out.. with out having to restore. apples answer for everything. was in the mall figured let me go in and ask.. they were zero help and then continued to tell me how android has the same problems when i didnt ask.. but back to the topic. i downloaded iFile to my macbook pro connected my phone and went browsing around the phone.. came across a movie in cloud access that was 6.1gigs... which i didnt record on the day it said. i deleted it gave it a second and BOOM.. dropped all he other data. its at 1.6 gigs but ill take that.... just thought id share a different solution than erasing everything over and over..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner