"Fan-boy" type shout-out to the iPhone 5

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I know I'm preaching to the choir in posting this, and I'm sure there have been countless identical posts, but here it is anyway: I am just so happy, impressed, and just downright satisfied with my iPhone 5, the apps, and the iOS platform in general. No, I haven't tried every other platform/device as a point of comparison; I began running my business in the early '90s with Sharp's clamshell-type "organizers" (anybody remember those?), then Palm PDAs (with Nextel phones & later Blackberrys). I jumped into Apple products with an iPod touch three years ago, then finally took the plunge with the iPhone 5 last September (I was one of those people who attempted to buy one online in the wee hours of the morning they went on sale). These products are >stable<! Not one crash since day one, no problems, easy to use, incredibly versatile with all the apps. UI is gorgeous (yeah, I won't mind the iOS 7 appearance, though).

Speaking of iOS 7, that's just gonna ad a whole lot more sweetness on top of it, speaking for myself.

I'm not one to quickly move to another device, and I thought it over for a long time which platform I should use for my business; I chose iOS; I have no regrets and am thoroughly pleased. Some people love Androids - great; some adore Blackberrys or Windows phone 8 - wonderful. I think I'll stick with my iPhone. There - I did it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Cool always awesome to see another satisfied iPhone user!!

I left for Android for awhile, came back last and couldn't be happier.

So excited for Sept. 10th!!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Kevtrinh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For apple's fan, one new phone each year. But if you were android's fan, a new phone comes out every 2-3 months. That makes it impossible to get the latest and newest.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got an upgrade in November so I might upgrade this fall. Definitely ready for iOS 7 though.

I also have an upgrade available but I can't use or else I'll lose my unlimited data. So I have to sell my 5 or I could go back to AT&T but I don't know what I should do ack!!

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have an upgrade available but I can't use or else I'll lose my unlimited data. So I have to sell my 5 or I could go back to AT&T but I don't know what I should do ack!!

AT&T doesn't let you have unlimited either (as a new customer) so unless you currently have a plan with them that has unlimited data, you'd be in the same boat.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with the OP. I left for android earlier this year. That lasted only about 3 months. Now I'm back with the iPhone 5. When asked why, I say because iPhones just work.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site

How much data do you use? I was like you too. But I bit the bullet and did a 4GB plan.

On topic, I have an upgrade Oct 17th, so after the keynote and all that, I will decide. Love Apple products.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How much data do you use? I was like you too. But I bit the bullet and did a 4GB plan.

On topic, I have an upgrade Oct 17th, so after the keynote and all that, I will decide. Love Apple products.

Usually under 4 GBs but my highest month has been 7.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Haha yeah I take advantage of my mobile data. My billing cycle just started a few days ago and I'm already at 2GBs.

OMG, I would love unlimited mobile data. My home internet is 2-3mbps and the HSDPA+ hits speeds of 18-24mbps sadly I only have 500mb(carriers don't offer unlimited here)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
OMG, I would love unlimited mobile data. My home internet is 2-3mbps and the HSDPA+ hits speeds of 18-24mbps sadly I only have 500mb(carriers don't offer unlimited here)

That blows! Well I'm on a grandfathered plan so if I upgrade I lose it which is so dumb!!

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use to be an Android fan, but after changing to iOS, I see no way I will return to Android for the while. In my opinion iOS is light years ahead of Android in the way everything works. It?s smooth, solid, stable and has excellent (much better than Android 3rd party support). I know all the hype is around Android phones these days, but to each his own I guess. My needs (productive and leisure) are met just right with my iPhone.

I have a Nexus 7 (my tablet choice) which I love because of its size (ideal for one handed use reading and browsing). While I can?t use Android as my daily phone I find it rather fun so the Nexus scratches that itch. People talk about customisation and widgets etc. I hate widgets I find most very ugly, I see no reason to have the time in the menu bar and on the home screen at the same time, and all the glance-able info I need I get in the drop down notification menu in iOS. The only thing I wish iOS had was being able to set default apps.

Having used the Nexus though for some time, it has only shown me that iOS is the most solid OS on the market today. And while that is not enough to sell it (people say it is boring etc, not sure what they do on their phones, or need their phones to do for them), I don?t find myself concerned with that. As long as Apple makes enough money to stay alive and keep dev interest. If that changes then maybe, I will go to the platform that fills that need.

I have an iPhone 4s and I will upgrade to the next iPhone that comes out, without a second though. And yes, I am looking forward to the visual change that iOS 7 brings.

pottyvick

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
That blows! Well I'm on a grandfathered plan so if I upgrade I lose it which is so dumb!!

I have unlimited on tmobile. And i constantly go over 8Gb a month. Mostly because my daughters watch netflix on the way to school. Thats the only reason i can't switch to verizon or at&t...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it a sad day when a person can't even express their preference (or even go as far as LIKING) for a product without assuming others think they are a "fanboy"?

I mean I really enjoy Taco Bell. I think it's a great food (especially late at night), but I don't think I'd go as far as saying I'm a fanboy...but by the logic with the iPhone, if you've ever eaten food at a Taco Bell and had anything but hatred in your heart when you left, you're most definitely a fanboy.

Props to you OP, enjoy your satisfaction with the phone you prefer. I think I'm going to start embracing the term fanboy...because why the hell not right? You can't win either way with those who use it as a derogatory label, so wear it with pride!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited on tmobile. And i constantly go over 8Gb a month. Mostly because my daughters watch netflix on the way to school. Thats the only reason i can't switch to verizon or at&t...

How are you liking T-Mo? I'm was thinking of switching to them for the 5S as well but I had a bad experience with them 3 years ago their coverage was such crap back then.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner