Let's be honest here guys? Is it still the greatest thing ever?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there ownership that goes with a post count, no just quite a few act like it. Feel better with your noob bomb??
Back to topic, I hope Apple has some big sticks in the bag or it will be a sad holiday season/

You say this, but you came in here, on your 7th post, and called out heavily contributing members? What was the point of that? Feel better with your useless banter?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
These threads are so useless. Keith CLOSE!!

Sorry Swarlos, but we can't close a thread simply because opinions differ from one another. Per the Chief, we will just have to work together to make each thread here at iMore Awesome whether our opinions coincide with each other or not...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Swarlos, but we can't close a thread simply because opinions differ from one another. Per the Chief, we will just have to work together to make each thread here at iMore Awesome whether our opinions coincide with each other or not...

I don't care about any one else's opinion differing than mine Irish but the intent of the OP was to start some trouble look he hasn't even posted in his own thread again. That's what I have a problem with not the device he chooses to use.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about any one else's opinion differing than mine Irish but the intent of the OP was to start some trouble look he hasn't even posted in his own thread again. That's what I have a problem with not the device he chooses to use.

I understand what you are saying. If people would stop replying (not directed at you) this thread will eventually stop coming up as a new post and fall to the bottom of the forum. I have no doubt the OP is having a good laugh with each reply, which is unfortunate.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thought and opinions, Dont get mad. How many of you guys have tried other phones? I tried the Windows phone, 920 and its fast and very smooth. It beat the Galaxy s4, Note 2, And the Iphone 5. It never hurts to try unless your breaking the law. LOL. But seriously, Dont get mad because of someones opinions. Oh, And back a few years ago, The iphone was the greatest phone out there but now, other phones are better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thought and opinions, Dont get mad. Not mad at all..:)How many of you guys have tried other phones?
I've tried several. Heck, I bought my first mobile phone in 1989 and I would have to really take some time to recall how many I've owned.
I tried the Windows phone, 920 and its fast and very smooth.
Yes, it is.
It beat the Galaxy s4, Note 2, And the Iphone 5.
In what way?
It never hurts to try unless your breaking the law. LOL.
No doubt...:)
But seriously, Dont get mad because of someones opinions.
I agree, but it's easier said than done. We're only human...:)
Oh, And back a few years ago, The iphone was the greatest phone out there but now, other phones are better.
Which phone is better for "me"? That's the real question.

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In the ways that I beat was the Browser,Text,Emailing, And crisp Calling. Windows is a good operating system just like Blackberry. :) What stuff do you like to have in a phone, Apps, Speed, Features?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
In the ways that I beat was the Browser,Text,Emailing, And crisp Calling. Windows is a good operating system just like Blackberry. :) What stuff do you like to have in a phone, Apps, Speed, Features?

Windows has definitely improved, however, it still has a ways to go before it catches up to iOS and Android.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Smoothness to the OS. Something that doesn't feel clunky. Overall reliability.
Crisp sounding calls are more on the carrier of your choosing.

The apps, speed, and features on iOS are fine with me. But one big feature I
like is having a phone that gets software updates that isn't almost totally reliant
on the carrier. I like that the software updates are universal for the device itself.

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of opinion there is no such thing as the best os for phones! Operating systems are developed by humans,We humans aren't perfect therefore whatever we make can't be perfect even though some may think so. ;) just my opinion.

Last edited:

BuhdeeBoy

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is not even close to the greatest phone out. When you look at the camera compared to other devices ti fails. The UI and the smoothness of it trumps other devices. The small screen also makes it feel and appear dated as well. It is up there but definitely not the greatest.

The iPhone 5 screen isn't small. In my opinion, it's the perfect happy medium. The 3.5 inch screens on the older iPhones look dated, but 4 inches is great. I can't stand the 5 inch GS4 display, or the phablets

mudbuny

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree on screen size. The 4 inch screen is perfect size for a phone. Having a phone with a 5 inch screen is awkward to handle for me on a day to day basis, I ended up dropping it more times than I care to admit because it was too big to be "mobile".

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My honest take is I prefer stock android over anything else. I think it is very nice looking, fast and fluid, the best functioning for me.

Then iOS for me, the all android skins after.

I am getting the moto x next and hope it really delivers. My problem is I prefer the way 90% of how apps are designed and function on iOS so I always switch back and forth.

I'm not saying android apps suck but I prefer them generally more on iOS.

So I love both platforms.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought and opinions, Dont get mad. How many of you guys have tried other phones? I tried the Windows phone, 920 and its fast and very smooth. It beat the Galaxy s4, Note 2, And the Iphone 5. It never hurts to try unless your breaking the law. LOL. But seriously, Dont get mad because of someones opinions. Oh, And back a few years ago, The iphone was the greatest phone out there but now, other phones are better.

For you.

We have a plethora of members who have tried several other phones comparable to the iPhone 5, and came back to the iPhone as the best choice for them...

Sam ELAN

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
why i use iPhone is cuz Apple create a Device that you can use in a beautiful way, not like Samsung with my respect for all samsung users. but Apple devices are somehow ''better Locking'' and also higher in technology than samsung.
also, the iPhone 5 is the best phone i ever used. it's completely great for me. and thats how a phone can be the best phone!. thanks and sorry for my english ( am german :) )

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It is the best for me because I'm so used to it! For the last 4 years, I've been using the same ring tone, message tone and alarm ring. Typing on the same keyboard. Yes I'm boring, but sometimes it is the small things that matter yes?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
These threads are so useless. Keith CLOSE!!

True or not on your statement and asking a Mod to close this thread is not the way to go.
There are 3 Mods watching over the thread and are quite capable in just their posts alone to swing it back to where it need to go. The purpose is communication and conversation as long as their is no profanity or calling people names or what Keith highlighted as to the rules and guidelines so even if the OP is not here others are and they are talking. If we took every single thread like this and closed it, There would be none or no topics to talk about.

If everyone who has participated and still continue to participate in this thread do so as i see it now in a civil way there is no reason to close it. Keep it civil, speak your peace and more important than anything, Don't get caught up with someone you disagree with instead move by their statement, Make your own comment w/o specific names and that's it.
Moderators know what and when to do with individuals as opposed to closing a thread with 5 going on 6 pages long. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen