Let's be honest here guys? Is it still the greatest thing ever?

anon(764611)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
For years people complained that they wanted a bigger iPhone screen. So what does Apple do? They give the iPhone 5 a 4" screen. What do the people do now? They still complain that they want a bigger screen.... Seems like some people will never be happy no matter what Apple does.

This is true Apple did indeed give us a bigger screen, but barely. They increased the size .5in which did nothing more than give us an extra row of icons and a few more sentences, and on top of that it just went vertical. Now no matter what happens lets be real here folks will still complain, but I would love to see the iPhone go to a 4.5in ratio... Close to the size of the Galaxy S2. That would be an increase all the way around, and make it an even better gaming and media handheld device. Now this is my preference so what is perfect for me may not be for many others, but a man can dream. The 1 thing that takes me back to my Android thirst is customization and screen size, but after no longer than a month I find my way back to iOS. A bugger screen would seal the deal for me, because the customization on Android gets boring to me after a while, but once again that's just for me.

My perfection and wish list would be... iPhone with a camera on par with the lumia 1020 or better and a screen the size of the Galaxy S4. Ah that would be bliss☺.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It never was the greatest thing and never will be. As a phone it just works though. I care squat about specs it's the user experience that counts and that is where iOS excels other systems even though it has inferior hardware. I've been with Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and MeGoo. iOS is just the smoothest of the bunch with Windows Phone close second and guess what they haven't done the spec race either. It's all bout optimizing software against the hardware.

I would say that Windows Phone is the smoothest of the bunch, with iPhone second. But both are very smooth, and the difference is small.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
O.K., please don't take offense. My wife will be getting the iPhone5 or 5S, in Sept. Now, i've used BB, iPhone, and now Android, and i've tried to teach her each operating system in turn(she is NOT a "phone" person). So when i asked her today, which new phone she wanted, she said iPhone. Fair enough, but when i asked her why, she said because it's the easiest to use, and no brains required(the truth, i swear it). I hope you guys take this in the spirit that it was intended.:)

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5 doesn't need fantastic specs to give the user a smooth reliable experience, this is due to the software working in unison with hardware.

I can't think of one task I do on my iPhone where I think to myself "this is slow". Everything is quick and slick. No stuttering or lagging.

I love my iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

Sent from my iPhone 5 32Gb white.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I would say that Windows Phone is the smoothest of the bunch, with iPhone second. But both are very smooth, and the difference is small.

Generally I agree. But in my experience WP doesn't follow your finger movement as smoothly as iOS does.

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
God I love watching high post count members doing the circle jerk. It's the same no matter what forum or website.
I agree about WP8, I rotate between a 925, I5, and S4. NONE hold my interest very long, but i'm sick that way and gave up trying to stick with one OS.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
O.K., please don't take offense. My wife will be getting the iPhone5 or 5S, in Sept. Now, i've used BB, iPhone, and now Android, and i've tried to teach her each operating system in turn(she is NOT a "phone" person). So when i asked her today, which new phone she wanted, she said iPhone. Fair enough, but when i asked her why, she said because it's the easiest to use, and no brains required(the truth, i swear it). I hope you guys take this in the spirit that it was intended.:)
No offense taken. However, if your wife really said "no brains required" as a reason for using it then I feel sorry for her as it sounds to me like she doesn't think ver highly of herself.... Again, no offense taken!

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
God I love watching high post count members doing the circle jerk. It's the same no matter what forum or website.
I agree about WP8, I rotate between a 925, I5, and S4. NONE hold my interest very long, but i'm sick that way and gave up trying to stick with one OS.

God I hate low post count members jumping in and acting like a holier-than-thou know-it-all . . .

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

God I hate low post count members jumping in and acting like a holier-than-thou know-it-all . . .

Guys it really doesn't matter whether a persons post count is high or low. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Please stick to the topic of the thread and keep it friendly. Thanks. :)

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Man invented:

Fire
The wheel
The internal combustion engine
Television

And then man invented:

The iPhone

Best invention since Television, IMO.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the "circle jerk", but high post count members are basically active members of a forum community and deserve to be respected just like low post count members.
There is nothing wrong with you not sticking to one OS. Whatever suits you is what matters. Others, however, prefer one OS, and that's fine as well.

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Guys it really doesn't matter whether a persons post count is high or low. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Please stick to the topic of the thread and keep it friendly. Thanks. :)

duly noted . . but honestly I wasn't disrespecting his post count as much as I was using irony & sarcasm to call attention to what i thought was an unnecessary/inappropriate remark.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No offense taken. However, if your wife really said "no brains required" as a reason for using it then I feel sorry for her as it sounds to me like she doesn't think ver highly of herself.... Again, no offense taken!

She really didn't use the right wording. But what I got out of that is that it's just simple to use
right out of the box. As it should and intended to be. It's always my rebuttal whenever some-
one refers to the iPhone as a toy and being "too simple." Duh. It's supposed to be, ain't it?

anon(4054009)

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there ownership that goes with a post count, no just quite a few act like it. Feel better with your noob bomb??
Back to topic, I hope Apple has some big sticks in the bag or it will be a sad holiday season/

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there ownership that goes with a post count, no just quite a few act like it. Feel better with your noob bomb??

[NOTE]http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.

Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).

Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.

Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Compliance with these basic guidelines should see you sailing in smooth waters for years to come at Mobile Nations. You’ll make friends, gain knowledge, and become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams (OK, maybe not that last point).
[/NOTE]

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so let us be honest here talking about the greatest thing ever is never ending. If something is the greatest thing ever there will be nothing better and that just isn't true devices get better so fast it makes you dizzy. So there will always be an iPhone better than an Android that is better than an iPhone that is better than an Android that is better than an iPhone... you see my point. It's just like saving your money to buy the fastest computer, smartphone, etc. if you do that you will never buy anything because even ignoring other brands a single brand will always have ssomething better and faster. It's simple people buy what gives them the best user experience, ecosystem, worth for their money. Someone who buys an iPhone 4 is no worst than someone who buys an iPhone 5 as long as they enjoy the experience and it's use makes some part of their life better or more enjoyful. The same way someone who owns a Samsung Galaxy S4 is no better than somone who owns a Galaxy S3. If you're talking who has the best specs at the time then that is a different question and one that you don't need people in a forum to answer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234