Let's be honest here guys? Is it still the greatest thing ever?

mcgowan398

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I hear a lot of people still saying that the iPhone 5 is the best phone. Specwise....seriously? What are you Applers' opinions. Thanks!:thumbup::confused:

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Spec wise, the iPhone 5 is definitely not the best phone compared to all of the new androids. Software wise and user experience, it is probably one of the smoothest phones out there. You can't go wrong with still getting the iPhone 5 even though the new one should be coming out soon.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's not all about specs. You can put a 500 HP engine in a Ford Focus, it'll fail. Same goes with Android phones. Fancy specs, still a failing experience. iOS matches the specs needed to the desired experience.

Last edited:

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it is a phone that works for many people, me included. I also enjoy android phones as they give you far more options.

Is the iPhone the greatest thing ever? NO I'm sorry to say. Lets be real its a phone for gods sake. If you allow your phone to be the most important
thing in your life, you should probably re-evaluate your priorities

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone is not even close to the greatest phone out. When you look at the camera compared to other devices ti fails. The UI and the smoothness of it trumps other devices. The small screen also makes it feel and appear dated as well. It is up there but definitely not the greatest.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since we're being "honest", isn't it true that people will have varying opinions about any given product? Isn't it true that there are people who buy smartphones, whether Apple, Android, Windows 8 or Blackberry, based on a combination of things? Having said that, isn't it also true that those of us who opt to purchase an iPhone 5 in lieu of any other device is our business, despite the fact that someone else may find its specs subpar?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Usually other OS's require higher specs and still underperform. iOS is much more efficient. There's a reason the iphone 5 is considered the reference smartphone for most everyone.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Us Applers think the iphone 5 sucks. It is so weak vs the competition that we have to literally force ourselves to use it on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, it was just yesterday that a fellow icrap user bumped his phone against mine, but the picture on his screen didn't show up on mine.

I've seen what your other imore posts have been about. Let's be honest here guy, what is your intent of a thread like this? :yes::confused:

Edit: I am not trying to be mean; but I get irritated when I sense a back-handed slap masked by a seemingly genuine question....

Last edited:

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It never was the greatest thing and never will be. As a phone it just works though. I care squat about specs it's the user experience that counts and that is where iOS excels other systems even though it has inferior hardware. I've been with Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and MeGoo. iOS is just the smoothest of the bunch with Windows Phone close second and guess what they haven't done the spec race either. It's all bout optimizing software against the hardware.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
4 posts in, and you bring this to the table?

You want to know one reason why i still love the iPhone? Because it makes people like you squirm.

Now run along little troll.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
4 posts in, and you bring this to the table?

You want to know one reason why i still love the iPhone? Because it makes people like you squirm.

Now run along little troll.

This is why people have a bad taste in their mouth about Apple products. The arrogance of iFans is legendary.

Come on guys is a freakin phone that works well, just like my note 2

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is why people have a bad taste in their mouth about Apple products. The arrogance of iFans is legendary.

Come on guys is a freakin phone that works well, just like my note 2

Are you serious? Are you familiar with the terms "isheep" "icrap" "crapple"? Have you ever gone into the comments sections of blogs and tech sites and viewed the things that are spewed from the fingertips of android fans? Have you seen the Samsung commercials that spend far more time insulting the users of Apple products vs. pointing out the pros of their products?

If you want to comment on how certain decisions/musings made by Apple brass tend leave a bad taste in the mouths of certain folks, that is fine. But to call out 'iFans' for their arrogance while ignoring the things I mention above is outright ludicrous.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey I have an iPhone 5 and I like it but the isheep? please. Just like there are android fanboys. Choice is a great thing.

Its a freaking phone, if you like it great if not thats ok too

I have a note 2 that is a great phone also. I enjoy flashing roms on it and still use it when I want a change. But Apple is not the end all of phones/computers

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey I have an iPhone 5 and I like it but the isheep? please. Just like there are android fanboys. Choice is a great thing.

Its a freaking phone, if you like it great if not thats ok too

I have a note 2 that is a great phone also. I enjoy flashing roms on it and still use it when I want a change. But Apple is not the end all of phones/computers

lol...what the hell are you talking about? Who said anything even CLOSE to what you just said about Apple being the end all of phones?

Nobody did. You're carrying on about absolutely nothing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The OP 's thread is partially titled, "Lets be real here..." and he went on to write in his post, "spec wise....seriously?" Finally, he asked, "What are you Applers' opinions. Thanks!" followed by an icon representing confused.

Having said that, the opinions of some of the "Applers" were given as requested by the OP, including mine. In the meantime, you posted that the "arrogance of iFans is legendary" and that "this is why people have a bad taste in their mouth about Apple products". My questions are these: Is it not arrogant to state that the opinions of others were spoken out of arrogance? Is it not a fact that Apple products are not pleasing or beneficial to everyone and that it has nothing to do with remarks made by those who enjoy using Apple products? Finally, is it not our responsibility to be mindful of the fact that this is an Apple-centric forum and that the opinions and comments of its members will probably be a tad biased and might take offense to comments that may appear trollish or in the fashion presented by the OP who initiated this thread? I don't mean any disrespect. I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth... the OP has 1 comment and 3 Posts in the forum - and among those 4 items - 3 include the "Let's be honest" meme - and notice the OP has not bothered to come back yet and comment further... things that make one go "hmmmm..."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR