Let's be honest here guys? Is it still the greatest thing ever?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
14.%20BAIT%20THREAD%20DISPENSER.jpg

Don't lock it, or we FAIL! :crying:

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Like I said Apple makes a good product. So does Samsung and other android phone makers.

Maybe this OP was stiring the pot some. But it doesnt mean he is wrong. I understand this is an
iphone site and iPhone users will flock to defend their purchase. Just as android users will defend theirs.

But the truth is that I never had any issues with my Note 2 and never had issues with my iPhone 5.
I have spent a while on XDA and never really saw much iBashing in the forums I frequented. Other
than the ocassional "apple sucks, android is better" The difference I have noticed is that Android users
typically will just ignore Apple fans, while if you question Apple here, its game on.

Im just speaking from my experience. Maybe I did exaggerate about the "legendary status", but it not that far off base.
Speaking from my experiences. I enjoy using my iPhone and will continue to use it. If I "insulted" anyone here I apologize.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like I said Apple makes a good product. So does Samsung and other android phone makers.

Maybe this OP was stiring the pot some. But it doesnt mean he is wrong. I understand this is an
iphone site and iPhone users will flock to defend their purchase. Just as android users will defend theirs.

But the truth is that I never had any issues with my Note 2 and never had issues with my iPhone 5.
I have spent a while on XDA and never really saw much iBashing in the forums I frequented. Other
than the ocassional "apple sucks, android is better" The difference I have noticed is that Android users
typically will just ignore Apple fans, while if you question Apple here, its game on.

Im just speaking from my experience. Maybe I did exaggerate about the "legendary status", but it not that far off base. Speaking from my experiences

No harm done, my friend. You have every right to your opinions as anyone else...;)

pottyvick

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had many androids (note 2, gs3, gs4, etc.) and while they are good phones, i came to the iphone 5 for one big reason... Stability. The 5 isnt the fastest phone or greatest out there but it works as it should. Thats all i ask for...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Im just speaking from my experience. Maybe I did exaggerate about the "legendary status", but it not that far off base.
Speaking from my experiences. I enjoy using my iPhone and will continue to use it. If I "insulted" anyone here I apologize.

And I'd retort that Apple product fans do the same exact thing. The bottom line is, there are fanatic owners in any range of ANY product...from cantaloupes to carousels, and let's get back to the fact that not one person on this website said anything about iPhone being either the end all be all platform or perfect at all. People like what they like, and this IS an iPhone based forum and community, so to many of us, the iPhone IS the best product out there, because that is our choice, it works best for us...we're going to like it and defend it regardless of how much someone tells us otherwise, just like they would on any other platform's community (this one does it a lot less aggressively too).

As far as OP stirring the pot, there's no maybe, that was the full on intention of the thread...nothing more, nothing less. And there is no "wrong" in this discussion, people have a preference, and what you prefer may not match mine...it doesn't make either of them right or wrong, it just makes them different. Telling someone they are inaccurate for saying that the iPhone is the best phone in the world for them is just asinine.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
And I'd retort that Apple product fans do the same exact thing. The bottom line is, there are fanatic owners in any range of ANY product...from cantaloupes to carousels, and let's get back to the fact that not one person on this website said anything about iPhone being either the end all be all platform or perfect at all. People like what they like, and this IS an iPhone based forum and community, so to many of us, the iPhone IS the best product out there, because that is our choice, it works best for us...we're going to like it and defend it regardless of how much someone tells us otherwise, just like they would on any other platform's community (this one does it a lot less aggressively too).

As far as OP stirring the pot, there's no maybe, that was the full on intention of the thread...nothing more, nothing less. And there is no "wrong" in this discussion, people have a preference, and what you prefer may not match mine...it doesn't make either of them right or wrong, it just makes them different. Telling someone they are inaccurate for saying that the iPhone is the best phone in the world for them is just asinine.

I do have to say after reading this response it is one of the best with the most poster information that this poster (Sean) feels and he is right the nobody on this website said iPhone is the best because as Sean stated...They can't. 100 people are going to have 100 opinions not making anything wrong.

In as much as why this thread was started to me makes no difference, It got talk and conversation with varying opinions which there is nothing wrong with. Is is the crux of any thread and why this forum exists. The last line Sean posted sums it up and for once I can truly say thank you for the retort and I can honestly say not only do I agree with your statement but thank you for bring it out in the way you did. Good honest opinion Sean!!

Mokoolapps

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple had a bigger gap over Samsungs and others, but that gap is closing fast.

Samsung Galaxy 4 the first Samsung phone I liked. They are making bigger changes from older versions. Apple is good, but not as big changes to stay ahead.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I do have to say after reading this response it is one of the best with the most poster information that this poster (Sean) feels and he is right the nobody on this website said iPhone is the best because as Sean stated...They can't. 100 people are going to have 100 opinions not making anything wrong.

In as much as why this thread was started to me makes no difference, It got talk and conversation with varying opinions which there is nothing wrong with. Is is the crux of any thread and why this forum exists. The last line Sean posted sums it up and for once I can truly say thank you for the retort and I can honestly say not only do I agree with your statement but thank you for bring it out in the way you did. Good honest opinion Sean!!

Should i have this framed? Did we just become BFF's!? LOL! :beer::tongue:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Should i have this framed? Did we just become BFF's!? LOL! :beer::tongue:
Not yet but Sean one thing about me.... If I like something and it has merit and no redundancy - LOL I will say so and your points were concise and ON point. Let's just say that we made a break through which I hope will last. It is far better to post something you believe in than not and I believed in your post from start to finish...No fluff, Just pure solid info and i agreed with it.

To me your comments always have merit and make sense but most of them I agree but if i don't for harmony i will say nothing or sometimes say what I feel wrong or right.....:yes::beer:

PS we are good :)

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is why people have a bad taste in their mouth about Apple products. The arrogance of iFans is legendary.

Come on guys is a freakin phone that works well, just like my note 2
Arrogance comes more from Androiders who think they're the world's best coders because
they know how to load a ROM on their phone and overclock their processor which changes
nothing about the day-to-day performance of the device itself. You've customized your phone
to run a ROM that doesn't include some of the features the manufacturer intended to have
on there. Congratulations.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Too many swings in this thread. From the wanna be troll, to the premature escalating, to group hugs.

I have to say I'm disappointed. I blame the troll though. I thought we had a good pinch hitter (or maybe runner) though but that kinda tanked quick.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. Such Hostility.... I left iPhone in June. As of today I'm on a iPhone 5. nuff said..

this thread turned really ugly really quick sheesh

I beg to differ. There was no "hostility" displayed in this thread and it did not turn ugly, in my opinion. People stated some agreeing & disagreeing opinions as well as debate the intent of the OP's thread and nothing more. A statement and a retort does not make a conversation in and of itself hostile or ugly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711