- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Cannot sync music to new iPhone 5
I have just bought a new iPhone 5. When I set it up I used icloud as I wanted to copy apps from my iPod. It didn't copy over my music (I guess this is because I didn't purchase it from I tunes). I have plugged my iPhone into my computer to sync my music onto it using itunes but it won't transfer. It goes through stages 1 to 5 but completely skips over number 3. It has copied my photos. When I look at the music folder on my iphone in iTunes the music is all there but in greyscale and doesn't show on my phone at all. I have tried manually doing it and creating a new playlist but it just won't work at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I do not have I match switched on my phone so it's not that. The music I want to transfer does sync to my ipad but not my iphone.
- 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM #2
- 09-19-2013, 10:06 AM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Cannot sync music to new iPhone 5
I always have this problem. Go into the "Itunes album" section, right click an album and delete. Add the album back in Itunes and sync. Typically what happens is that album and several others are transferred (it seems this "reboots" the syncing process for lack of better words). Sometimes everything syncs back after the first time, sometimes you have to repeat this with other albums. Unfortunately its the only fix I've seen thus far that works.
- By heated lime in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-30-2013, 01:01 PM
- By oscarcanada in forum iOS 6Replies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
- By jfery14 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2013, 12:02 PM
- By Massie in forum iOS 6Replies: 1Last Post: 07-29-2013, 09:29 AM