How to restore an IOS6 iphone with an itunes thats running on ios 7 software

Yasi Givechi

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I had my iphone 5 swapped at the apple store and they told me since I'm running ios 7 on my itunes, I will not be able to restore any of my information.

Does anyone know what I am supposed to do?

Thank you!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If your replacement device has iOS 6.1.3 or .4 - you can install iOS7 beta 3 the same way you did on your previous phone, then restore the last back-up available.

Yasi Givechi

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I am currently downloading the Beta, so im crossing fingers that It will work. I am worried that I lost my previous backups because they are not showing on the ios 6.1.3 right now :/

Yasi Givechi

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So I have downloaded the links ending in .dmg and .ispw and neither are responding to itunes. Im not quite sure where to go from here. My itunes is showing up as 6.1.4 ...

Yasi Givechi

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So In order to get my phone back to ios7 Beta I have to basically de-install the current firmware back to ios 6 then re-install ios7 beta again??

So Update : I have been able to download the ios 7 but its saying I need register the phone again on the developer website (since obviously I am not a developer :laughing:) is there an alternative way in restoring back my phone by bypassing this step?

Thank you again

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So In order to get my phone back to ios7 Beta I have to basically de-install the current firmware back to ios 6 then re-install ios7 beta again??

So Update : I have been able to download the ios 7 but its saying I need register the phone again on the developer website (since obviously I am not a developer :laughing:) is there an alternative way in restoring back my phone by bypassing this step?

Thank you again

Nope. And with reports that Apple is cracking down on unauthorized installs of iOS 7, it’s only going to get worse. And rightly so, IMHO.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, the absolute last-ditch solution is to pay for a developer's account ($99) and register your phone's UDID.

Failing that, no access to the backup till September or so...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
That said, we're on iTunes 11.something by now. Don't know what is meant by "an iTunes that's running on iOS 7 software", or "iTunes is showing up as 6.1.3".

iTunes is what it is; iOS versions are what they are.

Given this, I'm wondering if the OP isn't just doing something wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711