Pimped My iPhone

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It looks really sharp! I would be tempted to do this someday, maybe when the warranty is up, because I am assuming Apple will no longer honor the warranty since physical alterations were done, or to them physical damage?

I have thought about this and I honestly have no idea. I don't think it should affect warrenty as it doesn't really mess with anything in the phone. I guess they would have to prove that my work would be the cause for it breaking. So I guess it depends on what would be faulty on the phone. Honestly don't know. Hope I don't have to find out! Personally I don't see how this could break my phone =)

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have thought about this and I honestly have no idea. I don't think it should affect warrenty as it doesn't really mess with anything in the phone. I guess they would have to prove that my work would be the cause for it breaking. So I guess it depends on what would be faulty on the phone. Honestly don't know. Hope I don't have to find out! Personally I don't see how this could break my phone =)

From my experience with the genius bar there is a section of the work order for condition on the device. They have always selected "normal wear" when I have been in there. Not sure what the other options could be.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Final result:

View attachment 34844

--------------------------------------

I was bored this weekend while being sick so I decided to pimp my iPhone 5!

Basically what I did was to polish with very fine sandpaper (2000) on the areas I wanted some shine. Took me about three hours. I have done some small details such polish the edges of the button. Two small thin lines on the upper side and totally chrome up down on the top and the while backside edges. I think I like what I have done!

View attachment 34776

View attachment 34777

View attachment 34778

There goes resale value.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Great job!!! Looks amazing. Yeah you have more patience than me. I would really screw this up big time.

When I started reading and saw SANDPAPER and iPhone together, I didn't want to continue on but when I saw what you came up with it, kudos brotha.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again everyone! My friends comments that most people put their iPhone in a case but no not me I prefer to take sandpaper to it instead. Most think it looks pretty good though and I have seen people in town giving it the looks from time to time. Coupled with iOS 7 beta some perhaps think I'm secretly testing out the new iPhone 5s hehe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW